Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Forgive the redundancy - a question re: JC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• echolocator
    replied
    The Cynic & The Undead Smile.

Warning: contains profanity. I apologize in advance if this causes anyone offense, and understand if forum policy dictates its deletion.

Leave a comment:

• zxvasdf
    replied
    I'm up for another Jerry Cornelius story, and am curious as to how it turns out outside the folds of the master authors. Post it in the Enclave and put a link here.

Leave a comment:

• echolocator
    replied
    Right. I've finished writing the The Cynic & The Undead Smile. Not sure whether or not to be embarassed of it-- ambivalent, the way one almost always is after peeling the nose away from the page --but can at least take some satisfaction from the fact that I finished it in under a week and that it isn't overlong.

It's gone through a few edits already, but I'm sure it could stand some more. Should I post it in Enclave, or link it from here?

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I got a gardener I can trust.
    He can't read English.
    And the short order cook ? Well, I do that myself, in return for editing services...
    Sorry, pard.

Leave a comment:

• voilodian ghagnasdiak
    replied
    Demos Wrote
    It would have to be a f***ing BIG box though.

Hey..you talking about my stepmother?( dont ask how I know either)

Mike Wrote
    I keep them hidden away in cupboards and sheds.
    Interested in a really good gardener, or short order cook??

Leave a comment:

• vx69
    replied
    we were lucky in france to have very beautiful editions of some of your books... I'm especially thinking of the one with the Druillet illustrations, it's gone pretty expensive now...

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I keep file copies of each English language edition and have pretty much most of my foreign editions, where the publishers have sent them, but I don't have any actually up on shelves. I keep them hidden away in cupboards and sheds. I think I'd get depressed if I had them all shelved...

Leave a comment:

• zxvasdf
    replied
    Originally posted by David Mosley
    It would have to be a f***ing BIG box though. :)
    Especially if you factor in all the reprints they have gone through. And the foreign language editions...

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Originally posted by zxvasdf
    I'd think you would have the first edition of every book you've published up on a shelf... or at least in a box. Do you collect your own books, or leave it to your fans?
    It would have to be a f***ing BIG box though. :)

Leave a comment:

• Thiassi
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
    Last Days of Man on Earth was, I gather, cut in the US. I haven't watched the DVD, though I have it. I get too depressed...
    I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to see someone else portray your work, and not do it justice. I was just happy to be able to see a movie based on your work. We need more of them.

Leave a comment:

• vx69
    replied
    french title was "les décimales du futur", which seems to have nothing to do with anything in the movie.

Leave a comment:

• tvissoc
    replied
    Eek!
    More like, OUCH!

Leave a comment:

• Hieronymus
    replied
    Eek!
    Funny is the "political" position of this publisher...My copy is from the italian publisher La Tribuna - "Galassia" - 1970 and we matched it with the original publishing. In italian copy there were cancelled a lot of parts about "sex"...

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Eek!

Leave a comment:

• Hieronymus
    replied
    Last Days of Man on Earth was, I gather, cut in the US. I haven't watched the DVD, though I have it. I get too depressed...
    My copy is old, damaged ( I know its soundrack and sentences in my mind ) there are some cut but probably not for censorship, may be "master" was cutted off in some of its part.
    Our ( the one ) italian publishing of the FP was strongly censured by the same publisher ( who is living again... ). He cutted off every sexual part...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X