Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What ho, pards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ho, pards!

Looks like I made it in. Here we are, still not quite up to snuff, but getting that way before we were, um, snuffed.
    And I'm very tired, having been up for a long, long time...
    I'm soon to go to Paris (about two weeks). Have got a long way into LOVERS; A MEMOIR, about Mervyn and Maeve Peake and, incidentally, my own life and times.
    THE SUNDAY BOOKS: New text, including nonsense stories and rhymes, to accompany the previously never reprinted Peake coloured drawings done in the forties on Sark for his boys, includes Mr Carrott's Parrot, Captain Crackers Weighs Anchor etc. etc. which will be done for Denoel in France and published in French first.
    A PORTRAIT IN IVORY: A new Elric short story written in the mode and roughly the period of the stories in Stealer of Souls.
    THE FLOATING FOREST: Done for the REH tribute book being published to coincide with the World Fantasy Convention in Austin in early November, which I'll be dropping in on if back in time (watch this space)
    THE FLANEUR OF LES ARCADES D'OPERA: A Seaton Begg/Zodiac the Albino story to complete a set being published next year by Pyr called THE METAPHYSICAL DETECTIVE
    A CHRISTMAS IN WARTIME: Another memoir for Denoel, to be done first in French. Illustrator to be decided. Steadman has been mooted.
    Another Begg story for M. Jackubowski's PARIS NOIR set in Les Hivers.
    And a couple of reviews. One of Jacobson's Kalooki Nights for the Telegraph and another of Mosley's Fortunate Son for The Guardian.
    And another couple of stories for which I've been asked but whose titles I forget at this time of night.
    John Davey is preparing a Best Short Stories of MM for Nightshade and we've decided to go ahead with bringing out the Elric stories before the movie, which stil proceeds but too slowly for my impatient mood, which wants to see the Elric books out on the shelves in the US again.
    So far the Pyats have not sold in the US, but there's a while to go before publishers are exhausted (or my patience is).
    I'm wearing a PAIR of shoes. Hooray! Big deal for me, anyway. So can Flaneur with the best of 'em in Paris.
    Cats are fine, though slimming (to get them aboard the plane okay).
    Linda is fine, though panicked. We've had a lot of minor problems and setbacks over organising this trip.
    Howard Morhaim's address has changed. It's now 30 Pierrepoint Street,
    Brooklyn, NY 11201.
    France is c/o Agence Hoffman, 77 Boul. St-Michel, 75005 Paris.
    Good for UK, too, at present.
    Last but certainly not at all least -- to the Mighty Chaos Engineers and Captain Berry Sizemore. Boomwappers -- We Have Go!!! Thanks, pards.
    Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Engines Set For GO

Yes! It's go time!
    Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Fabulous to be back. Thanks ever so much to Reinart for all the time and effort.

Mike, I know that the Multiverse has been off line for a while now, but when I see that list of what you've been up to in the meantime, and compare it to my own activities, I feel incredibly indolent It all looks great, but I'm particularly looking forward to The Metaphysical Detective.

Must dash, but I'm looking forward to spending lots of time here in the future.

Comment

Welcome back all! It's great being here again!

Mike, I know you are extremely busy (so many projects!), but keep in mind that when visiting the Old World you're always welcome in Budapest. I promise to give you a royal tour of the city and a lot of paprika!

Comment

My user was deleted (anyway, I hadn't a lot of messages ). It's great to have MM back! Cheers, Mighty Chaos Engineers!

Comment

I ask permission to report back on deck, Captain Sizemore and Bwana Master-Storyteller! And such a fine ship it is, too!
            Nice to set sail again on the Sea of Wit and Extraordinary Insights !
            It's been long, hasn't it. So now all fresh, let's get going!

L'Etranger

But I remember comrades --
            Old playmates on new seas --
            Whenas we traded orpiment
            Among the savages --
            A thousand leagues to south'ard
            And thirty years removed --
            They knew not noble Valdez,
            But me they knew and loved.

RK

Thanks Berry, wonderful job!
            Last edited by L'Etranger; 06-16-2006, 03:52 AM.
            Google ergo sum

Comment

Great to see the Miscellany back, nice one Berry and all the testers involved!

Comment

Man! I'm so happy to be back here! You don't know how much I missed all you guys!

Thanks go, of course, to the chaos engineers!

Comment

Great to see thing up and running again! Been a long time - thanks to Berry and everyone for all their hard work getting Tanelorn rebuilt!

My wife was happy I was spending less time on the internet, guess she'll have to learn to be disappointed again...

Lot has changed for me over the last few months. Moved to New York (well the New Jersey part of New York) and in the process of finding a permanent job in publishing. Currently temping for a division of Random House, but that ends at the end of the month. So come July I expect I'll be straying into MVM from time to time
                  ;)
                  Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Great to be back! Hope you and Linda have a good time in France, Mike.

Ken
                    Ken Boorman
                    Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

It is good to know you are happy and healthy Mike M. enjoy your trip!!
                      OOhh yes there will be more than a glass or two tipped in the honor of Berry and the Chaos Engineers....THREE CHEERS !
                      Fantastic new site....
                      Happy Returns To All....

Comment

Good to see the site back and to be back in touch with the MM online world.

Thanks to all responsible for bringing it back.

Comment

Bon Voyage, pard! Yay for pairs of shoes and the new Miscellany!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
                            LOVERS; A MEMOIR
                            THE SUNDAY BOOKS
                            A PORTRAIT IN IVORY
                            THE FLOATING FOREST
                            THE FLANEUR OF LES ARCADES D'OPERA
                            THE METAPHYSICAL DETECTIVE
                            A CHRISTMAS IN WARTIME
                            Best Short Stories of MM
                            Lots of very intersting stuff coming our way, Mike. Very exciting. Particularly looking forward to the Elric ss, since the SoS novellas are among my favourites.

Incidentally, with A CHRISTMAS IN WARTIME, which you say is to be published first in France, are you writing it in French (to be translated - hopefully - into English) or in English first and then trans. into French? In either case, can you (would you) do the translation yourself or would it be passed on to professional translator to work on?

ETA: I notice this is my 1000th post by the way. Wow, what a way to celebrate the rebirth of the Multiverse. To be honest, I didn't think it was that many, but there you go.
                            :D
                            Last edited by David Mosley; 06-16-2006, 04:43 AM.
                            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

The improved site is awesome. That fox/computer genius guy seems OK

Glad to see so many projects going, MM. It seems a lot of work for someone who was going to be slowing down a bit

Comment

Working...
                              X