Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIKE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pellaz
    replied
    Let me be the first to wish MM a happy birthday in these treacherous post-hiatus times......'cause I didn't get to the original thread before the forum died. :o

Happy birthday, Mike! Only....(checking watch)....exactly....six months late. :D

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hey, if your birthday is near christmas, do you only get half the presents?

jb

Leave a comment:

• RitaMaria
    replied
    Originally posted by heiron
    I was thinking about Mike's birthday cause I made a calendar with the greatest(imho) sff writers' birthdays....But I forgot to wish!
    So,though a bit late, happy birthday Mike!!!
    Heiron,

I would love have this calendar.
    Please, can you send it to me?
    My e-mails:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

I thank you.

Rita Maria Felix da Silva.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I know, by the way, that technically speaking the 2000s aren't yet in their prime, but by golly they're good enough for me. If I had any sense I'd be buying up a few, but I've never had a lot of sense and anyway that's harder to do where I am now than it used to be in London.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Jim Cawthorn's birthday today (that is, 21st).
    Thanks so much everyone!!
    Actually I had a very good Claret. 2000. Had it at the Four Seasons, Austin, and like an idiot forgot to make a note of it, though it's not one of the really great ones. I'm beginning to think 2000 will be one of the mighty years of Bordeaux. Some of them are shaping up incredibly well, and not all that expensive, if you can still find them, since there seemed to be a lot produced, too. Because it hurts me to drink, I'm tending to buy half-bottles. Otherwise too much would get wasted, if it was just me drinking (Linda prefers very dry whites and food which tends to go better with them and she has to do all the driving). We drank up our relatively small 'cellar' when we left England. Just stuff we'd kept that we liked.
    A friend who joined us said afterwards they looked some of them up and realised they'd been glugging wines which, by the time they drank them, were worth sometimes a couple of hundred quid or more. We hadn't realised it, either. Would have improved our enjoyment above and beyond... :)
    I'll be taking a half-bottle to Mississippi for me Christmas dinner, since I'll be in Baptist country...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I was thinking about Mike's birthday cause I made a calendar with the greatest(imho) sff writers' birthdays....But I forgot to wish!
    So,though a bit late, happy birthday Mike!!!

Leave a comment:

• Poetgrrl
    replied
    Happy birthday and best wishes always!!

Leave a comment:

• RitaMaria
    replied
    Oh, Mike, forgive me. I am late!
    But lately I wish for you a multiversal happy birthday (For you and all Mike Moorcocks of the Multiverse :)

A universe of beautiful "Thanks" for your wonderful books
    A whole dimension of bright "Thanks" for your shinning Ideas
    Another Existence Plane of happies "Thanks" for your creative and wise words
    Oh, and at the bottom of the magic top hat
    still remains a infinite of "thanks" for you
    Because of the Especial-Unique-Marvelous person you are.

Happy Birthday, Mike.

Rita Maria Felix da Silva.

Leave a comment:

• manmiles
    replied
    Happy Birthday, Mike!!

Leave a comment:

• EverKing
    replied
    Happy (belated) Birthday, Mike!

Hope you had a great day =)

Leave a comment:

• Sexton Blake
    replied
    (belated too)

Mike, I read the same way I eat, drink and breathe - to live. But there are very few authors who've literally (pun intended) altered my perception of the life I'm leading. In fact, there are three: J. G. Ballard, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, and Michael Moorcock.

In the latter case, the JC stories and the London books have been the most influencial in twisting my psyche into a new and more exciting configuration.

This places you among my personal pantheon: look to your left and say hello to Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix and Tom Waits. Look to your right and tip a wink to Stan Laurel, Oliver Hardy and Groucho Marx. Cast a glance over your shoulder and there's Sir Richard Francis Burton, Carl Jung and the vaguest sense of Brahma.

So you see, when I wish you a very happy birthday I'm also giving thanks for the bit of me that hunts with the wolves instead of grazing with the sheep. And if I occasionally blow it by breaking into a George Formby song, well, that's your fault too.

Have more birthdays Mike. People like you are the point.

Leave a comment:

• Miqque
    replied
    Most Happy of Birthdays!

Many cheers and returns!

-M.

Leave a comment:

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    Well, that's what I get for steering clear (mostly) of my computer this weekend. :|

Happy (belated) Birthday, Mike! :D

Leave a comment:

• MissDreamy
    replied
    Belated Birthday wishes Mike and I hope the hangover's not too bad! :)

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    What're you drinking? A little champers?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X