Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

London and Cambridge Events January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London and Cambridge Events January

have a partial schedule re. my visit to London in January 2006.

Monday 16th January 9.00am Radio 4 START THE WEEK.
    Recording in afternoon for Radio 3's NIGHTWAVES (don't know broadcast date).
    Tuesday 17th January. Live interview with Clare English for RADIO SCOTLAND CAFE.
    Wednesday 18th January will be the main event, arranged by Blackwells at RADA. The Vanbrugh Theatre, RADA, Malet Street, London WC1. Tickets are priced at six pounds, concession five pounds. Customers can purchase tickets by calling 0845 456 9876 (Lines open Mon-Fri 9.30am to 6.00pm). In conversation with (was Iain Sinclair but he can't make it -- to be decided).
    Thursday 19th January Heffers Bookshop Event at 20 Trinity Street, Cambridge, 6.30pm in conversation with local radio presenter Mandy Morton.
    I'll also be recording for a Radio 4 programme called Imagining Albion: The Great British Future which will be broadcast later in the year.
    If other dates emerge in the meantime (I'm hoping to arrange a Manchester date that Saturday) I'll post it here.

I shall also be writing a 'front' for the Daily Telegraph Arts Section and doing interviews with several other papers, though I know no details yet.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Poop! Wednesday is the main event and I have to go to uni. I would skip lectures but work is paying and I wouldn't be able to keep quiet about meeting you Mike. I wonder how generous my boss is feeling... :scratch:

Comment

You're probably too refined, Mike. :)
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
        You mean I wouldn't count as a course subject ? :)
        :lol: I wish!

It would be nice to be a chaos engineer instead of a mechanical one.

Comment

Re: London and Cambridge Events January

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
          have a partial schedule re. my visit to London in January 2006.

Wednesday 18th January will be the main event, arranged by Blackwells at RADA. The Vanbrugh Theatre, RADA, Malet Street, London WC1. Tickets are priced at six pounds, concession five pounds. Customers can purchase tickets by calling 0845 456 9876 (Lines open Mon-Fri 9.30am to 6.00pm). In conversation with (was Iain Sinclair but he can't make it -- to be decided).
          Just to let people know that the tickets are now in stock at the shop, and can be purchased from us here in person, as well as through the booking line. Blackwell, 100 Charing Cross Road, London, WC2H 0JG. We can answer queries on 020 7292 5100.

Also, concessions are going to be آ£4, not آ£5 as stated above. If anyone wants to reserve a signed copy, they can email us on [email protected]

Hope to see a lot of you there - I will update when we know who the chair is going to be.

Comment

What time is the RADA event, please?

Comment

Originally posted by GuyLawley
              What time is the RADA event, please?
              Good point - starts at seven, doors into the theatre itself normally open about 6.45 or so, although that can be a bit flexible. There is a bar within the building, which normally starts serving about 6.15 or thereabouts, and where we'll be selling copies of the book from that time.

Hope that helps

Marcus

Comment

Yus, ta. I was wondering if time off work would be required.

Hope to meet up with many of you there!

Comment

Will one of you visitors snap lots of pictures and post them?

Remember to tell Mike your board alias, so he knows who you really are.
                  The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Hey, please can I do the RADA Chair thing? I'm not Taffy, but I wear glasses and have more hair and I'm a proper journalist and author and interviewer and lecturer and everything! AND I've read your books! AND...

(Collapses into sad middle-aged-fanboy-shaped heap. Seriously, though. Website with online CV on request.)

AND I share your birthday, along with (digs out Saturday's Guardian) Christina Aguilera, Cardinal Archbishop Jozef Glemp, Brad Pitt, Keith Richards, Steven Spielberg, Anne Wood (creator of the Teletubbies) and both children of the conductor of the English Chamber Choir, born on the same day a couple of years apart - now that's time management! : ) - to name but a phew. So to borrow a phrase coined by my daughter, happy 'Birthday Boxing Day'!

Just realised - no MM in the Guardian's birthday list! Bleedin' outrage, guv - one decade they dish out prizes, the next they forget who you are! :( Or as an occasional contributor, perhaps they count you as staff?!

Comment

I plan on ordering my ticket for RADA tomorrow.

Then I just have to pick the right moment to tell my wife I'm disappearing down to London on the 18th.
                      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Hey, Mike - any advance on the Manchester possibility? I take it the Radio Cafe thing for Radio Scotland will be a link from London rather than you in the Edinburgh studio? :(
                        \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

Ordered my ticket from Blackwell's for the RADA event today over the phone. Very easy process, the guy I spoke to said they were expecting about 200 people to turn up. He asked how I'd heard about the event since they'd only just started advertising it, so I was able to give the web site a quick plug. :D

Haven't had a chance to break the news to my S.O. yet, but I hope to see many of you there if possible. :up:

Comment

Great news. I just got off the phone with Alan Moore. He's going to be the other half of the 'Conversation' at the Vanbrugh. He's doing very well and working on his new novel, by the way. Says he's been looking forward to Vengeance, too, so this at least will score him a free copy!
                            This should be a great event. Anyone who heard Alan and Brian Eno on the radio earlier this year will know just how good he is. Can't wait! Iain, incidentally, will be doing his gig not very far away and says he might try to pop in.
                            Sorry, Zax...
                            Re. birthday announcements. You generally need to employ a publicist to get that sort of thing into birthdays (at least for the first time) and so far I've resisted doing that! Generally, a pretty good bunch of co-birthdays, eh ? My daughters, Sophie and Katie, almost coincided within a year, but Kate made it a couple of days late on the 5th of Sept. At one point, when I was married to Jill, I had Sophie on the 3rd, Jill on the 4th and Kate on the 5th, not to mention almost every other birthday and anniversary (apart from mine) in September. Swamped by Virgos.
                            Yes, I'll be doing Scotland radio cafe from Broadcasting House, sadly. But I'm still trying to get that gig on the following Saturday at Waterstone's, Manchester. No news back yet. The wisdom in the publishing and bookselling world these days is that bookshop gigs aren't cost-efficient. Not my experience, but there you go.
                            Had a bad moment this morning when a BBC researcher rang to ask 'How did you first become interested in science fiction and fantasy ?'
                            Things improved after that... She didn't even ask me where I got my ideas.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                            The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                            Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                            The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                            Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Working...
                            X