Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Question for mr. Moorcock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for mr. Moorcock.

I know you have stated that The White Wolf's Son would be your final Eternal Champions story but...

Page 108 of said story reads~

*Meanwhile, Mrs. Perssons said, Elric went to Portugal, searching for the Black Sword, which passed out of his hands sometime in 1974 in the course of an adventure she promised to relate to me on another occasion.*

Is this something that shall be told in another story somewhere down the line?
    I hate to beat a dead horse here, but I hate the thought of this being the absolute last of so great a story line.

Maybe it will turn up in the context of another story. I haven't actually seen Mrs Persson for a while. We missed each other in Port Andratx, Paris, Point Reyes and Willcox. One of those things. You can't always plan on the 'flow being in synch. Who knows, too ? Someone else might get to tell that story.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

I hope Elric had plenty of Factor 40 in Portugal. That sun's a bugger for albinos.

Comment

Thank you for your thoughts Mike.

Though I must say it made me look rather the fool after I wrote something after your first post.
        Or did I now. Time can be a tricky thing indeed. Hahahaha!!

Thanks again.

Comment

I made the change. I also just deleted the post you thought makes you foolish. Sorry about that.
          The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Hahaha!
            No problemo.
            Though a little heads up next time for me first please.

Nice to be back again after so long an absence, by the way.

Comment

Just so long as we can continue to affect the past in a large percent of our possible futures...
              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
                Maybe it will turn up in the context of another story. I haven't actually seen Mrs Persson for a while. We missed each other in Port Andratx, Paris, Point Reyes and Willcox. One of those things. You can't always plan on the 'flow being in synch. Who knows, too ? Someone else might get to tell that story.
                Hey,

Since you have decided write ECآ´s stories no more, I would love other authors may write more stories with theses wonderful characters. I suggest Mr. (Alan) Moore and Mr. (Neil) Gaiman. I would love read these stories.
                Ah, I dream to read a Jerry Corneliusآ´ adventure written by Grant Morrison.
                Is there any chance suggestions above become real?

Rita Maria Felix da Silva.

Comment

Originally posted by RitaMaria
                  Hey,

Since you have decided write ECآ´s stories no more, I would love other authors may write more stories with theses wonderful characters. I suggest Mr. (Alan) Moore and Mr. (Neil) Gaiman. I would love read these stories.

Rita Maria Felix da Silva.
                  Rita, many of the Jerry Cs were written by others. Also, there was a collection of Elric stories and a collection of EC stories all written by not-Mikes. (I joke because I cannot remember their names).

Comment

To: Harvester

Here's my MHO on this topic: if one wants a new EC story, one may sit down and compose it, (presenting it afterwards to Mr. Moorcock, of course! :P )

Comment

Originally posted by RitaMaria
                      Without desiring to stir up the hornets' nest again... oh all right, what the heck... [image moved]

You can read Grant Morrison's version of Jerry Cornelius in the pages of The Invisibles.

And you can read Mike's thoughts on Morrison here:

Well, some people already know my image of Grant Morrison is someone wearing a black mask, flat cap, striped jersey and carrying a bag marked SWAG. Apparently he pretty much admits he's more a reprocessor than a creator. Alan Moore on the other hand brought enormous originality and creaitivity to comics.
                      :twisted:
                      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by Maxim
                        To: Harvester

Here's my MHO on this topic: if one wants a new EC story, one may sit down and compose it, (presenting it afterwards to Mr. Moorcock, of course! :P )
                        That is a most excellent idea miss Maxim.
                        If I did do such, you would be one of the first to sample it!

Comment

Originally posted by Harvester
                          Originally posted by Maxim
                          That is a most excellent idea miss Maxim.
                          If I did do such, you would be one of the first to sample it!
                          Without wishing to put a dampener on such a fine suggestion, from this site's Home page:
                          I should add that, as on the previous site, I am in no position to read unsolicited or unpublished manuscripts and will not acknowledge or return any manuscripts sent to me, unless by previous agreement and only then if the manuscripts already have a publisher.
                          and

The main names and insignia in the works of Michael Moorcock are trademarks of the author.
                          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

It was a nice thought while it lasted nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                            X