Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

ARIOSTO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Doesn't Elric fight Roland at some point somewhere ? I was certainly very familiar with Ariosto. The Elric stories began to appear soon after my series Aspects of Fantasy started appearing. As I've said before, there was a lot of conscious reference to epic myths and poems. As in other forms, I preferred going back to roots rather than producing xeroxes of genre.

Leave a comment:

• Nazlith
    replied
    I read the Furioso when I was in college (many years ago!) and really loved it. I don't remember thinking of similarities to Moorcock, though. I should try to find time to reread it one of these days.

Leave a comment:

• ROWENA
    started a topic ARIOSTO?

ARIOSTO?

I am an italian girl...in school we are use to study all the italian licteratur, so i want ask you: have you ever read Ludovivo Ariosto?
    I had and i think that there are a lots of similiary things with Moorcock writing...the multiuniverse can be compared to the hood wjere you get lost and than find your oun way... the EC can be compared to orlando and the other paladins, Astofo can be jaary, angelica can be the ECآ´s lave... than ke also meet the olifante, which elric use to causate the end of the world, and Durlindana, Orlandoآ´s sword...
    what do you think?

SOrry again for my englisch... :oops:
Working...
X