Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Nice clean up in Limbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice clean up in Limbo

I just took a peek at Limbo and noticed we're down to 5 or 6 images. Nice work and thanks!
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Thanks, Berry, and no problem. :oops:

I just mentioned it over in the Dorset Street Lodger thread, and this is probably a better place to repeat it. If anyone has any links, in any posts, to images in Limbo then they may want to check and (probably) edit them. It may also be worthwhile checking any other links being used, because I did a bit of swapping around of images following various suggestions. Nothing major, just things like creating a Letters by MM album [broken link]here, moving some cover art to the Artists album from various Novel albums, etc.

Any problems and I should be able to point you in the right direction. :scratch:
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-23-2010, 04:11 AM.
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Sorry, Governor, to cause you more work. I just uploaded three German editions, but then found Demos had already "harvested" thevsame ones elsewhere. But he got one title wrong. "Die Zeitmenagerie" is ALIEN HEAT, not THE SHORES OF DEATH.
      So just delete the doubles.
      Cheers,
      L'E
      Google ergo sum

Comment

Thanks, L'E. I shall look into it.
        If anyone can add any informaton to any of the images in any of the albums then please do. Either let us know here or post it as a comment to the relevant image. Someone will get around to adding/editing it.
        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
          But he got one title wrong. "Die Zeitmenagerie" is ALIEN HEAT, not THE SHORES OF DEATH.
          Thanks for clarifying that title, LE. I don't remember where I got the translation for that one from, possibly an ebay listening or something. I think I had "Ein unbekanntes Feuer" down as 'An Alien Heat', although I also have "Die Kأ¼sten des Todes" down for 'The Shores of Death'. so I have no idea anymore what I was thinking of. :)
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by demos99
            Originally posted by LEtranger
            But he got one title wrong. "Die Zeitmenagerie" is ALIEN HEAT, not THE SHORES OF DEATH.
            Thanks for clarifying that title, LE. I don't remember where I got the translation for that one from, possibly an ebay listening or something. I think I had "Ein unbekanntes Feuer" down as 'An Alien Heat', although I also have "Die Kأ¼sten des Todes" down for 'The Shores of Death'. so I have no idea anymore what I was thinking of. :)
            "Ein unbekanntes Feuer" would actually be much closer, perhaps the same book was given two different German titles for reasons of sales' strategies, you know how ignorant people can be who sell your stuff. I once fought over a week to prevent a TV station giving a documentary of mine a title that I found plainly silly. I lost the battle in the end :oops: !
            Google ergo sum

Comment

Working...
            X