Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Petition for Mr. Moorcock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition for Mr. Moorcock

Dear Mike,

I represent a Spanish web site, www.espadaybrujeria.com, dedicated as you can guess to “Sword and Sorcery� literature, cinema, role-playing and comics. The site joins hundreds of fantasy-lovers from all over Spain and South America, and every science-fiction author has a forum where fans can discuss about their works. Of course, as I’m glad to say, there is also a forum strictly dedicated to your work called “Stormbringer�.

But the web keepers haven’t enough with that, and every two months they manage to bring us a special issue on many aspects of Fantasy in Spain: there has been a special research on Spanish Fantasy publishers or an issue dedicated to fantasy illustrator Manuel Calderأ³n. They also care about our Sword and Sorcery authors –still a few in number but of an excellent writing quality- and the web follows closely the work of Laura Gallego (author of the Spanish best-seller “Memorias de Idhunâ€?) or Tobias Grumm (who is now writing the third volume of “La Tierra del Dragأ³nâ€?).

Now, with the Elric novels being reedited in a short future and a growing interest on Multiverse and the Eternal Champion, time has come to you! Our Moorcock Special Issue will feature articles about your novels, your music collaborations and all the stuff we can get to make the best guide to the Spanish-reader who wants to know more about all the incarnations of the Eternal Champion and your career. And with this comes our petition.

We would like to include in our special an interview with you. We are very interested, with your kind permission, on posing you a few questions about your books, what are you working at now, the Elric movie and things like that. This interview won’t take you much time and could be done via e-mail, traditional post-mail or by this very forum. We would send our questions and you’ll just have to submit your answers, that’s all. As we can see on www.multiverse.org, you’ve never lost the contact with your fans and we think this is a good opportunity to interchange your ideas with your Spanish readers.

If you want to contact with us, you can make it replying in the forum or sending a message to [email protected]

Whatever your answer is, thank you very much for your attention and your collaboration.

Kind regards,

Carlos Serrano Nouaille
    www.espadaybrujeria.com
    There's no greater treason than return.

Carlos,

I want you to know that Mike is not at home and doesn't read every message right now. He is getting a lot of dental work in San Francisco. You might have to wait a long time before Mike replies to your request. If that happens, remember that he is not ignoring you, he is just very busy with very limited access to The Internet.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Berry, given that situation, and the obvious sincerity and importance of his request - perhaps you should cut and paste what he writes in an e-mail and forward it to Mike.
      My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Nope. I'm not an intermediary for Mike. It's one of the preconditions for him being a guest at the site. Furthermore, if he hasn't got time for the forum, he hasn't got time for me. In fact, this might be a business concern and I cannot speak for him.

http://www.multiverse.org/?q=contact-policy
        Last edited by Rothgo; 04-13-2010, 12:03 PM.
        The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Berry,

Thanks for caring about the reply to my message. If MM is not still avalaible, well, I'll just be patient and wait for an answer! I already know you can't contact him directly, that's why I put that message on the forum. There's no hurry at all, so I'll just keep watching the answers.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
            Nope. I'm not an intermediary for Mike. It's one of the preconditions for him being a guest at the site. Furthermore, if he hasn't got time for the forum, he hasn't got time for me. In fact, this might be a business concern and I cannot speak for him.

http://www.multiverse.org/?q=contact-policy
            O.k. Sorry Berry. Never having had such a proposal, it never came up for me personally. I didn't mean to suggest something that simply isn't done. Here's hoping this topic doesn't get buried by the time MM returns to check the forum, however.
            Last edited by Rothgo; 04-13-2010, 12:03 PM.
            My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Dead-Air
              Here's hoping this topic doesn't get buried by the time MM returns to check the forum, however.
              Which reminds me to mention that there's nothing wrong with Varion coming back at a later date and giving the thread a 'bump' so that Mike sees it.
              "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
              --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Bumping

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
                Which reminds me to mention that there's nothing wrong with Varion coming back at a later date and giving the thread a 'bump' so that Mike sees it.
                A "bump"? 8O I'm sorry, I think I don't understand... You mean adding a message to the thread so it will return to upper positions and become more visible?

Comment

Re: Bumping

Originally posted by Varion
                  Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
                  A "bump"? 8O I'm sorry, I think I don't understand... You mean adding a message to the thread so it will return to upper positions and become more visible?
                  "Bump".

;)
                  _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                  _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                  _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                  _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Bumping

Hmmm, seems my English ain't what it used to be...

Comment

Re: Bumping

Originally posted by Varion
                      You got it!
                      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

bump

Comment

What I want to know, is what the Spanish word for "bump" is?!

Comment

Er... jiba...bollo...barriga...chocar contra?
                            What a vague dictionary I have... :(
                            "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

I speak spanish and am at a loss to what "bump" would be :(

Comment

Working...
                              X