Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Von Beck comix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von Beck comix

Anyone know anything about this French comix version of 'War Hound and the World's Pain'?

http://www.mr-li.site-fr.com/profile.html

"Kriegshund" (d'aprأ¨s M. Moorcock)

"Von Beck", a knight that became a bloody fortune soldier, making war for money, killing, raping and plundering without feeling remorse, meets Lucifer, crosses the hell and comes back on earth for a "holy" mission : he has to find something called the "Grail", something that would be able to erase the world's pain. But how could a murder do this ? And do it for Lucifer ? What for ? Is God sleeping ? That's what you will discover in Mr. Li's newest comic...

A comix-book made from Michael Moorcock's "War Hound and the World's Pain"(About a hundred pages black and white A4 tall comic book to be finished before the end of this year... hopefully)
    Is this official?
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Nice find, demos! I'm intrigued.
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Hmmm, that IS interesting. Warhound is near the top of my list of Mike's books.

Comment

interesting. . .

Comment

That's cool. I'd like to see the entire comic. :D

Not to be redundant, it is interesting. ;)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Nice find!

Commercially seems odd choice for a comic; but then, no need to know any of the other Moorcock mythos to enjoy this "stand-alone" story.

I wonder if it has a publisher or is being done on spec?

Comment

Looks like a fan art, fanzine Site to me. The artwork looks great. Let's hope the artist knows about Moorcock's Miscellany and posts here, to ask permission to use Mike's material. :)

Comment

Working...
              X