Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Mike, check our KanderGrimm's Oona von B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike, check our KanderGrimm's Oona von B

[broken link]
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-23-2010, 04:16 AM.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Awesome! What kind of pencil/ink was used to make it? I'm an artist as well, and illustrate my own work from time to time, so i like to see how others achieve their work :D

Comment

Mike, I tried to stick as close as possible to your description of Oona in The Dreamthiefs Daughter. I had a lot to work with; Oona is a very rich and distinct character. She is not hard to visualize at all.

Az, I did the original pencil sketch, scanned it and printed it off, then coloured her with Pantone markers. I did two versions with two different colour schemes. I didn't know which one to post, so I had my kids vote for the best one. :down: :up:
      ..he weeps with the wonder of suddenly recollected innocence, of something he believed lost as everything else is lost to him and which makes him believe, if only for this moment, that what he has lost might be, perhaps, restored.

Comment

Nice. I wonder if the real Oona Von B is around to comment? I'm sure I've seen her once or twice on these forums. Lurking, eh? :D

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
          Nice. I wonder if the real Oona Von B is around to comment? I'm sure I've seen her once or twice on these forums. Lurking, eh? :D
          Oona's currently in Berlin with a bunch of other teenagers and stays offline until later next week. But there is indeed a striking likeness, my compliments!

Oona's Dad

Comment

Thank you, Count Zodiac. I hope you enjoy your current stay in Mirenburg. I miss the place myself, though Budapest does seem to offer a similar experience. The river bifurcating the city, the soot-covered buildings, the residues of Communism, the hills above, and that very special atmosphere, all remind me of Mirenburg. I know that you refrain coming here. I can understand that your relative's von Minct's Hungarian heritage deters you (his mother's beauty is still legendary here), but still I think you would find the place to your liking.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
              Yes, I like the picture. It reminds me of ... me! Just that I don't have such dark hair. Keep on trying!
              I like Oona's bow particularly.
              Oona

Comment

Facial Study: Oona by Jim Collins

[broken link]
                Last edited by Rothgo; 04-23-2010, 04:15 AM.
                The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Superb! I'm in love with her! :D
                  \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Not bad, not too far from the real Oona. She looks younger of course. I'm tempted to let you glimpse the real one (dept. "proud Dads") .
                    It is just that once stuff is on www it can hardly be controlled as to how it is used by others and I don't want Oona's pics being used for all sorts of intentions/inclinations, as I beg you understand.

Comment

Wow, this is the second time Count Zodiac makes apperance on this thread! They must have opened Internet cafأ©s in Mirenburg (or in Imrryr?)!

The portrait above is nice, but I think Oona should have some more warmth in her face.

Comment

Originally posted by Oren Douek
                        Wow, this is the second time Count Zodiac makes apperance on this thread! They must have opened Internet cafأ©s in Mirenburg (or in Imrryr?)!

The portrait above is nice, but I think Oona should have some more warmth in her face.
                        I am very honoured to communicate the Count's sincere wish to inform you, Master Oren, that in fact the very first "Oolong Tea & More" places - what you please to call "Internet Cafأ©s" - were opened in our proud city of Mirenburg right on the main "Piazza"! At least they were the first such localities West of the Empire of Nippon!
                        You are most welcome, the Count insists, to come to visit at any time you so desire. And don't miss to try the many different cakes!
                        I am hounoured, Sir,
                        to be Your obliged servant,

Alfred de Goncourt

Comment

Thanks, my good Alfred, trifle too many words.

Point is, any time you decide to board the old Orient Express from Budapest and steam over here, you're most welcome, Oren! You are very right, Oona's a good deal warmer, by all means!

Comment

Ok, we'll open a window for twentyfour hours:

The real Oona -> http://members.aol.com/oonab/OonaandSister2003.JPG

Kindly refrain from copying.

Comment

Working...
                            X