Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

On Road Off Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael Moorcock
    Site Host
    • Dec 2003

On Road Off Line

I'll be travelling for the next week or so and will try to log in here from time to time but apologies to anyone who writes or needs an answer, since I'll be dependent on what connections I can get between Lost Pines and Inverness (and even then I'm not sure how good it will be). Look forward to seeing those who can make it to Dark Carnival at the end of November!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

• Poetgrrl
    Defender of the Runestaff
    • Aug 2004

Happy and safe travels to you!

Comment

• lemec
      Eternal Champion
      • Jul 2005

Happy Trails Mike. I hope you have a wonderful time. :D

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Azariel
        Eternal Companion
        • Sep 2005

Have a safe and enjoyable trip, Mike. I think we can keep it under control (we'll just forward questions to old posts) :lol:

Comment

• devilchicken
          We'll get to that later
          • Nov 2004

Have a good trip Mike. Hoping to get up to Dark Carnival end of Nov if I can persuade the wife to give me a lift up there ;)
          Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

• Pietro_Mercurios
            Only Slightly Unbalanced
            • Oct 2004

Have a good trip, Mike and make sure that you can get your feet up, whenever possible! :)

Comment

• Hatch
              Moonbeam Traveller
              • Jan 2004

Inverness?

Hi Mike. Is this Inverness in the Bay Area? We have a friend whose family owns a home which they make available for rentals, and it would be an interesting synchronicity if you were staying there.

Comment

• Michael Moorcock
                Site Host
                • Dec 2003

Thanks, Andro. I have no choice but to put my feet up! It's the protocol from good old Salpetriere. No nonsense about getting plenty of exercise!
                Yes, Hatch, it's that Inverness. By coincidence it's also where Phil Dick lived for quite a while, which I didn't realise until I saw his picture in the local paper last year! I knew Point Reyes sounded familiar, since I corresponded with him when he was there, but couldn't place it, all those years I've been coming and going!
                Look forward to seeing you, devilc. Thanks for good wishes, everyone.
                I'm in Las Cruces at the moment. W.Hollywood by weekend.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

• RitaMaria
                  Denizen of Moo Uria
                  • Apr 2005

Mike,

Nice trip. We will look forward your return.

Rita.

Comment

• Mandra
                    Moonbeam Traveller
                    • Oct 2005

It's kinda funny cause I’m going next week to Inverness too, the Inverness located near the Quebec city ,not the same :( .Mike I wish you a good travel without problem

Comment

Anonymous

That explains the booted e-mail. (Nuthin' important.)

Been to Hollywood. You'll probably like riding the Metro trains, if you haven't yet. But NoCal ASAP! Nice up there. Enjoy the trip, talk to ya when you get settled.

Comment

• Miqque
                        Champion of the Balance
                        • Apr 2004

Crappolies. One day I WILL learn to log in!
                        Miqque
                        ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Comment

• Pellaz
                          Defender of the Runestaff
                          • Sep 2004

Miqque, if you're using your own 'puter to access the Forum and no-one else uses it for such, don't sign out when you're finished; just close the browser. The next time you enter, it should already have you logged in.

It works for me, at any rate. :)

Safe travels, Mike!

--Paul C. in Atlanta

Comment

• Azariel
                            Eternal Companion
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Pellaz
                            Miqque, if you're using your own 'puter to access the Forum and no-one else uses it for such, don't sign out when you're finished; just close the browser. The next time you enter, it should already have you logged in.
                            That's what I do. Too lazy to sign in.

Comment

• Whiskers
                              flying cat
                              • Nov 2003

If you do that at a school lab or public library you might have someone follow behind you and use your account.
                              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Working...
                              X