Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Foreign Moorcock in Limbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Moorcock in Limbo

I've found some more foreign editions of Mike's work on the 'Net, but I need help confirming their country of origin.

[expired link]
    [expired link]
    [expired link]

I think the first lot on pages 4-5 are Portuguese.

I think the second batch on page 5 are Czech.

I think the third batch on pages 5-6 are Hungarian. (Would be useful if Oren Douek could confirm that.)

Thanks.

EDIT: Also some more Russian covers in page 6 and 7, but I've no idea which titles they are.

[expired link]
    Last edited by Reinart der Fuchs; 04-21-2010, 12:09 PM.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Re: Foreign Moorcock in Limbo

Originally posted by demos99
    I've found some more foreign editions of Mike's work on the 'Net, but I need help confirming their country of origin.

[expired link]
    [expired link]
    [expired link]

I think the first lot on pages 4-5 are Portuguese.

I think the second batch on page 5 are Czech.

I think the third batch on pages 5-6 are Hungarian. (Would be useful if Oren Douek could confirm that.)

Thanks.

EDIT: Also some more Russian covers in page 6 and 7, but I've no idea which titles they are.

[expired link]

Demos99,

The following books are translations to portuguese of Mikeآ´s works.

[expired link]
    [expired link]
    [expired link]

(The three above are the "Mars/Kane Trilogy")

[expired link]

They are in Portuguese and were published in Portugal not Brazil.

Rita.
    Last edited by Reinart der Fuchs; 04-21-2010, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Great work again, demos. I'll leave them in Limbo for a while this time. :)

I wonder if L'etranger could help with confirmation of the suspected Hungarian ones. He has helped before with the sole image of Hungarian origin which is already in the gallery.

(I wonder if Mike still remembers his Russian from his Pyat research. He may be able to help if he does.)
      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

It might be helpful to have the original URLs for the covers perhaps?

Portuguese covers = http://www.geocities.com/carlosdepor...c_moorcock.htm

Czech(?) covers = http://www.laser-books.cz/fantasy.html & http://www.laser-books.cz/scifi2.html

Hungarian covers = http://www.fantasya.hu/biblio/mbet.html

Russian covers = http://www.ladoshki.com/?books&author=135

Hope that helps some.
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

[broken link]

Another Lindahn. Always good to see.

The Lord of the Spiders cover looks especially interesting.

[broken link]

Captivating:

[broken link]

I must say the rest of the Russian covers are pretty forgettable.
          Last edited by Rothgo; 04-23-2010, 04:29 AM.

Comment

That looks like one of the samizdat Russian covers, before they became 'official'. Better covers now. Problem with some of those copies done by enthusiasts in Russia was that the translations weren't all that good and in the early days of Russian free market they got used anyway, since piracy was prevalent.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
            The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
            Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
            The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
            Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Mike, the link to the Russian covers that I posted above appears to be offering the texts as ebooks for Palms and Pocket PCs. Is this 'official' as far as you know or another example of Russian piracy?

(If the latter I'll edit my post to remove the link.)

Comment

Working...
              X