Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Ladies love a man with a big sausage . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marie-Bernadette
    replied
    Thanks for sorting out my image URL, demos99 and PWV! I just now noticed the instructions that show up when you mouseover the Img, URL, &c. buttons. Geez, I'm usually more observant.

I got the idea for this picture after reading the very entertaining thread "Ooh, the cheek":

"Mr M: It turned out that the lead singer wasn't actually half-biscuit but was actually descended from the unholy union of a Bath bun, an Eccles cake and a part-time baker in Bradford. I seem to remember the scandal finished them off. Some mention of a Dundee cake, a Yorkshire pudding and an English muffin. Not the first baking scandal to tear the UK rock business apart, of course.

MB: Actually, I thought I heard a spotted dick was involved . . .

*snort*"
    Somehow, spotted dick got me thinking of sausages, perhaps because blood pudding seemed to make a better soul-sucking, artery-clogging sword than a mere spotted dick. Harder to find a good picture of a spotted dick. Well, not an Alma pudding, anyway. :lol:

Was it Poetgrrl who mentioned the Prunesword? I thought that was pretty funny, too. I could see some of the members of Terry Pratchett's Hoard wielding that.

EverKing:
    I wonder what Freud would say. I mean, a big friggin' sword isn't phallic enough?
    Naw.

Whatever happened to our cookbook? The suggestions in the "Ooh, the cheek" would be more than enough for volume I.

Leave a comment:

• Marca
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
    Blood and risoles for my Lord Arioch ?
    I used to love risoles when I was a lad. What happened to them, you never see them now. As for faggots, did I imagine it or did Brains bring out a tomato variety? I remember them from ten or more years ago but they seem to have disappeared.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Originally posted by GuyLawley
    Anyone know of any faggot revival happening? I would welcome it, of course, and would travel some way for a good faggot. (Supermarket / frozen varieties I’ve tried have been garbacious in the extreme.)
    Brain's Faggots (the supermarket/frozen variety :)) are a pretty staple foodstuff in our household but you don't want to dwell on what's on the end of your fork before you put it in your mouth - what I believe Burroughs (William S.) called 'the naked lunch' moment.

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    I do seem to remember trying faggots in gravy, along about the same time as I first tried Bedfordshire clanger and pork scratchings. They don't half have some interesting local delicacies down South.

It's the suet, you know! :)

Leave a comment:

• GuyLawley
    replied
    I like a bit of haggis, but Mike has got me thinking about faggots… don’t get me started on faggots!

When I were a lad at University there was a butcher in the market who made his own faggots (cue jokes about “if I got him the meat would he make me one?�).

But seriously though folks, they were cheap and delicious, with lots of liver and god knows what else in the offal line. One could say they were offally good.

BSE/mad cow disease put a stop to all that. Suddenly it was illegal to put beef offal anywhere except in an incinerator.

I heard some butchers switched to lamb or pork faggots, but since the thing was traditionally a cow by-product, I think they pretty much died a death.

Anyone know of any faggot revival happening? I would welcome it, of course, and would travel some way for a good faggot. (Supermarket / frozen varieties I’ve tried have been garbacious in the extreme.)

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    I like haggis in batter, me. With chips, a couple of pickled baby beetroot and a bottle of Curries' Red Kola. :)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Well, not really. When someone told me I'd just scoffed what amounted to a giant blood clot, I switched to pork pies and doughnuts.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    And I bet you've been questing the many worlds of the multiverse ever since looking for another, or you're not the Shanghai I think you are...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I ate a black pudding once.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Blood and risoles for my Lord Arioch ? Any chips with that ?
    Of course the risole (rissole ? risolle ?) is virtually a forgotten part of the English chippy, along with faggots. By golly I could do with a bit of French boudin noir and English chips: the absolute finest of our two great cultures! Doubt if I'll find much o' that in California. I gather the blood sausage is threatened in many countries along with foie gras. Some nonsense about cruelty to the animals...
    By the same logic (and I'd be prepared to go along with that) all battery farming should be banned. I'm sort of with the Pope on banning ALL killing of people or foetuses -- i.e. I'd be prepared to trade off abortion rights if the powers that be agreed to stop killing people, including judicially -- and I feel much the same about giving up boudin noir and foie gras. I'll it up if the Chinese trade in fur from cats is wiped out and if battery farming is stopped. Meanwhile, hypocrite that I am, I will stuff my face with boudin noir or black pudding as often as I can and I'll take a little more of that pate de foie de canard, please.... Oh, God, I'm a monster. Open another bottle of 2000 claret to help me forget. It's not good, I'm salivating too much to continue here...

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Quite right. It's not the size of your sausage that matters, it's what you do with it.

"Blood puddings for Arioch!"

:)

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    A load of baloney, if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• MissDreamy
    replied
    8O Goodness me!

Leave a comment:

• manmiles
    replied
    'Sausagebringer' :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    That's no ordinary sausage. That's the great Black Pudding of Ingleton. I'd recognise it anywhere. Le Boudin Noir d'Ingleton as we say over there...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X