Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Ladies love a man with a big sausage . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I bet you've been questing the many worlds of the multiverse ever since looking for another, or you're not the Shanghai I think you are...

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Ladies love a man with a big sausage . . .

Well, not really. When someone told me I'd just scoffed what amounted to a giant blood clot, I switched to pork pies and doughnuts.

Comment

I like haggis in batter, me. With chips, a couple of pickled baby beetroot and a bottle of Curries' Red Kola. :)

Comment

I like a bit of haggis, but Mike has got me thinking about faggots… don’t get me started on faggots!

When I were a lad at University there was a butcher in the market who made his own faggots (cue jokes about “if I got him the meat would he make me one?�).

But seriously though folks, they were cheap and delicious, with lots of liver and god knows what else in the offal line. One could say they were offally good.

BSE/mad cow disease put a stop to all that. Suddenly it was illegal to put beef offal anywhere except in an incinerator.

I heard some butchers switched to lamb or pork faggots, but since the thing was traditionally a cow by-product, I think they pretty much died a death.

Anyone know of any faggot revival happening? I would welcome it, of course, and would travel some way for a good faggot. (Supermarket / frozen varieties I’ve tried have been garbacious in the extreme.)

Comment

I do seem to remember trying faggots in gravy, along about the same time as I first tried Bedfordshire clanger and pork scratchings. They don't half have some interesting local delicacies down South.

It's the suet, you know! :)

Comment

Originally posted by GuyLawley
              Anyone know of any faggot revival happening? I would welcome it, of course, and would travel some way for a good faggot. (Supermarket / frozen varieties I’ve tried have been garbacious in the extreme.)
              Brain's Faggots (the supermarket/frozen variety :)) are a pretty staple foodstuff in our household but you don't want to dwell on what's on the end of your fork before you put it in your mouth - what I believe Burroughs (William S.) called 'the naked lunch' moment.
              _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
              _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
              _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
              _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
                Blood and risoles for my Lord Arioch ?
                I used to love risoles when I was a lad. What happened to them, you never see them now. As for faggots, did I imagine it or did Brains bring out a tomato variety? I remember them from ten or more years ago but they seem to have disappeared.
                'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Thanks for sorting out my image URL, demos99 and PWV! I just now noticed the instructions that show up when you mouseover the Img, URL, &c. buttons. Geez, I'm usually more observant.

I got the idea for this picture after reading the very entertaining thread "Ooh, the cheek":

"Mr M: It turned out that the lead singer wasn't actually half-biscuit but was actually descended from the unholy union of a Bath bun, an Eccles cake and a part-time baker in Bradford. I seem to remember the scandal finished them off. Some mention of a Dundee cake, a Yorkshire pudding and an English muffin. Not the first baking scandal to tear the UK rock business apart, of course.

MB: Actually, I thought I heard a spotted dick was involved . . .

*snort*"
                  Somehow, spotted dick got me thinking of sausages, perhaps because blood pudding seemed to make a better soul-sucking, artery-clogging sword than a mere spotted dick. Harder to find a good picture of a spotted dick. Well, not an Alma pudding, anyway. :lol:

Was it Poetgrrl who mentioned the Prunesword? I thought that was pretty funny, too. I could see some of the members of Terry Pratchett's Hoard wielding that.

EverKing:
                  I wonder what Freud would say. I mean, a big friggin' sword isn't phallic enough?
                  Naw.

Whatever happened to our cookbook? The suggestions in the "Ooh, the cheek" would be more than enough for volume I.
                  WWED -- What Would Elric Do?

Comment

Working...
                  X