Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Sextonblake.co.uk relaunched - Zenith online!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sextonblake.co.uk relaunched - Zenith online!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Folks, I am delighted to be able to announce that sextonblake.co.uk has successfully arrived on its shiny new server!

www.sextonblake.co.uk

Loads of features about the greatest consulting detective the world has ever known plus the biggest (and illustrated) Blake bibliography anywhere ever!

Old time radio series, so you can listen to the man in action.

New never-before-published stories!

And original tales reproduced in PDF format -- including 29 Zenith adventures! (Note: they take a little time to load into your browser and need to be read at 200% magnification).

New material will appear on a weekly basis.

Enjoy!

A huge thank you to Mike and Berry for their generous help in finding a home for this project.

Comments, criticism, corrections, additions and contributions -- all invited!

Now then... Tinker! Fetch me my slippers and pipe!!!
    --- Sexton Blake ---
    "If there is a wrong to be righted, an evil to be redressed, or a rescue of the weak and the suffering from the powerful, our hearty assistance can be readily obtained."

You've done a grand job, Sexton! :)

Comment

Another great website to trawl for hours on end. It looks awesome!

Comment

A phenomenally good site, Mark! Incredible piece of work!

You will be garnering the thanks of every on-line Blake fan in the world! Probably also stimulating a few off-line readers to get themselves on-line!!

Big thanks for your kind words about my JTS site, and the link.

I’ve added links to you and a “stop-press� announcement to the JTS site just now.

Comment

I haven't had a chance to read anything yet, but it is very good looking site, and that's half the battle when drawing in the surfing crowd. Congrats! :)
          "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Top shelf old man! :thanks: Thanks for the thanks and my part in this. Let us hope that simliar projects will come of this synergy.
            The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

It's very nice, that site :)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
                Ironically, my computer won't open the pdf files!
                Hmmm. You need Adobe Reader 5 or higher. A good installation should integrate with your browser so that clicking the links simply opens the files in your browser window.

However, Acrobat installations are easily corrupted by other programmes, so you may need to uninstall it, download the latest version, then reinstall.

Acrobat might also have problems with certain types of browser -- what do you use?

Another option to try is right-clicking the links and choosing 'save target as' -- in which case you can save the file to your desktop and open it in Acrobat without any browser involvement.

Latest version of Reader is here: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html

Good luck!
                --- Sexton Blake ---
                "If there is a wrong to be righted, an evil to be redressed, or a rescue of the weak and the suffering from the powerful, our hearty assistance can be readily obtained."

Comment

What PDF Reader are you using, Mike? The 'Duel to the Death' pdf opens okay with my Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0.
                  _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                  _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                  _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                  _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

I've reloaded it (several times) and it's still not showing. I'm about to try to download the file again. There's no Adobe icon showing anywhere, but it tells me I already have it when I reload.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

OK. It goes into Dell Image Expert instead of Adobe and then tells me it can't download... I know I'm dumb. Can anyone explain ?

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

The Mystery of the Missing Threads

"The network of clues paints a clear picture, Tinker. It is apparent that the inestimable Mr. Moorcock solved his computer problems and was able to download and print one of the few Zenith cases he had not previously read."
                        "Zenith! The albino? Is that scoundrel to blame for yet another crime?"
                        "Not this time, young'un. On this occasion, his involvement is purely incidental."
                        "Then who has the missing threads?"
                        "Bear with me, my lad. We must follow the trail without jumping ahead of ourselves. Now then, point two: A personage by name of 'Ant'..."
                        "Ant! Like the Bat! Another super-criminal?"
                        "Tinker, please!"
                        "Sorry."
                        "As I was saying, Ant suggested that I might like to submit material about Sexton Blake and Zenith to the Moorcockopedia... and no, Tinker, before you ask, the Moorcockopedia is not a poisonous multi-legged insect bred by the infamous Wu Ling."
                        "So are you going to follow his suggestion?"
                        "Indeed I am. However, we now encounter the crux of the problem."
                        "What's that, guv?"
                        "A chap named Demos..."
                        "A Greek?"
                        "I despair of you sometimes, Tinker. Demos posted the email address to which I should send the aforementioned material. That address has now disappeared along with the missing threads."
                        "So who's the cunning villain behind this dastardly act? Mr Moorcock? Zenith? Ant? Wu Ling? Demos?"
                        "No Tinker. You've overlooked one vital clue."
                        "Guv'nor?"
                        "There is only one way the threads could have been removed, Tinker. The villain would need access to..."
                        "... the server!"
                        "Indeed. Which means..."
                        "Berry Sizemore!"
                        "Correct. Call Detective-Inspector Coutts. There's arresting to be done!"
                        --- Sexton Blake ---

Comment

Originally posted by Sexton Blake
                          "As I was saying, Ant suggested that I might like to submit material about Sexton Blake and Zenith to the Moorcockopedia... and no, Tinker, before you ask, the Moorcockopedia is not a poisonous multi-legged insect bred by the infamous Wu Ling."
                          "So are you going to follow his suggestion?"
                          "Indeed I am. However, we now encounter the crux of the problem."
                          "What's that, guv?"
                          "A chap named Demos..."
                          "A Greek?"
                          "I despair of you sometimes, Tinker. Demos posted the email address to which I should send the aforementioned material. That address has now disappeared along with the missing threads."
                          Kudos Sexton on noticing the 'greek' connections to my Internet handle, not that I'm descended biologically from that esteemed culture (at least not knowingly) but a mild contraction of my Real Life names do indeed result in the greek for 'the people', as found in 'democracy', 'demonstrate' and 'nicodemus'. :)

Anyway, the email to send submissions for the Moorcockopedia is demos99AThotmailDOTcom.
                          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Is there a limit on word count for Moorcockopedia entries?
                            --- Sexton Blake ---

Comment

Working...
                            X