Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Prototype X Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L'Etranger
    replied
    Need a couple of pith helmets, anybody?

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I still have my floppy hat (as worn by John Wayne in Red River etc. etc.)
    But I appear to have mislaid my big stick and Colt 45. They never showed them in the pictures, of course.

Leave a comment:

• A_Non_Ymous
    replied
    What do you mean, "starts" ?

LSN

Leave a comment:

• xidrep
    replied
    Yes! Agreed! Yessss! >starts talking to trees and wearing Napoleon hat<

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Well, I've always argued that while politics is probably best run as populist democracy, magazines are probably best run as barmy dictatorships! That, at any rate, is my first thought on the topic!

Leave a comment:

• nalpak retrac
    started a topic Prototype X Question

Prototype X Question

Originally posted by Carter Kaplan

6 P-X shgould put together an editorial advisory board--and put their names inside the front cover. Such a board can help with promotion in all sorts of ways: publishing connections, grants, authors, placing P-X in the hands of review journals.... Not to mention cocktail parties! I suggest we approach Mike, Brian W. Aldiss, Charles Jencks, Mack Hassler (professor of English at Kent State and the former editor of Extrapolation) . . . and so on). LSN? Dee? Anybody else?
    Originally posted by Carter Kaplan
    It's not fandom so much as making connections with people who can help establish a reputation with critics, publishers and grant-awarding bodies. And a little academic clout wouldn't hurt toward this end either.

And indeed, any friction here is rather traction, if you take my meaning.

Save for Mike, board members sign aboard at their own risk. They can advise, but that doesn't mean that anybody has to follow their advice. If their advice advances the magazine, then good. If not, then who cares what they say? If they are embarassed by the magazine, then they can bow out if they wish and their names will be removed. No worries.
    Mike :

I wonder if you could advise us. I was musing over in the Enclave, here--

[broken link]

--about possible benefits to putting together a “board of editorial advisors� for P-X.

I haven’t got a clue, actually, and Perdix’s spider senses are tingling—he’s suspicious of the idea, and with good reasons. Yet the question remains open. What do you think?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 12:00 PM.
Working...
X