Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Moorcock on eBay

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London Magazine December 1975/January 1976 Volume 15, Number 5

Includes eleven page essay by sc-fi writer Michael Moorcock called "Patriotism and the Scientific Romance".
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/London-Magazin...QQcmdZViewItem

Starting bid: آ£1.99
    Time left: 5 days 19 hours
    Ends 29-Nov-05 18:12:30 GMT
    Item location: Cheltenham, UK

Anyone else interested on this? I'm inclined to put a modest bid on this one. Has the essay been reprinted anywhere else?
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Here's one for Guy and/or Aral I suspect:

Boys World Comic - 48 issues

48 Issues of Boys World comic published by Odhams in 1963 and 1964. Boys World ran for only 89 issues before merging with Eagle. All issues contain the "What Would You Do?" series, many of which were written by the novelist Michael Moorcock. Some issues contain the series "Do You Know Your Name?" also written by Michael Moorcock. Volume 1, No. 21 contains the story "The Mountain", which although uncredited is thought to be by Moorcock. Most (if not all) issues contain the strip "Wrath of the Gods" by Ron Embleton.

Issue No's included are : - Vol. 1 no's 1, 2, 3, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 45, 48 and 49; Vol. 2 no's 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 16, 20, 24, 31, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 and 39.

The condition is variable, all are well read. Most of them are frayed around the edges and show signs of yellowing commensurate with age. A small percentage have tears and some have the delivery address marked on the edge. Nevertheless, a good oppurtunity to get hold of copies of a rare and sought after comic, of particular interest to Moorcock and Embleton collectors.
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Boys-World-Com...QQcmdZViewItem

Starting bid: آ£14.99
      Time left: 6 days 17 hours
      Ends 30-Nov-05 16:32:15 GMT
      Item location: Bedfordshire, UK

Happy bidding, chaps! :)

EDIT: Seller is 'DeeBee', resident of this site, who is also auctioning his Jim Cawthorn drawing mentioned in this thread > [broken link]

He also has some New Worlds up (in the 180s range) that I'm going to keep my eye on.
      Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 11:58 AM.
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Hey, there's even some Moorcock/Embleton collaborations out there, pards... Kit Carson, as I recall. The Embleton brothers had a thing about rain for a while and I came to believe they could make the desert bloom. I recall one story set in Arizona where it rained cats and dogs the whole time... :)

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
        The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
        Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
        The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
        Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
          I'm almost tempted to buy them myself! What would you do ?
          :) :)

Do You Know Your Name?

More importantly Do You Know Your Bank Balance?

Do You Know If You Have The Shelf Space?

That's a lovely batch to bid on, alright; some very nice Embleton pages, some Bellamy (I think; not sure without checking), definitely lots of Luis Bermejo.

If you haven't got 'em, Mike, I'd definitely get bidding. A rare opportunity. Various kind souls around here could probably start filling your gaps (oo er missus etc.).

If no-one else around here wants to bid, I will, as I have a few gaps that will be filled by this lot (and I will start passing on my seconds thereafter).

On the bank balance side, this set could go very high in آ£آ£آ£/$$$. To the right bidder even later issues (let alone no. 1 and other earlies) have been selling for upwards of آ£8.00 each lately (I know, I've been one of the sad souls outbid).

Thanks very much for passing the news on early, Demos.

Comment

I think I'll pass, Guy. I have an aversion to paying lots of dosh for my own old comics. I'll wait in hope (probably very slim these days) of spotting a batch in a thrift shop some day. Thanks, though.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
            The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
            Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
            The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
            Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

THE GOLDEN STRANGERS by HENRY TREECE. P/B 1980

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-GOLDEN-STR...QQcmdZViewItem

First paperback edition. Published by Savoy Books in 1980.
              Starting bid: آ£0.99
              Time left: 6 days 18 hours
              Ends 01-Dec-05 17:42:22 GMT
              Item location: Northamptonshire, UK

Not a MM book (although Mike provided introductions for the Savoy editions) but an author whom Mike admires and recommends.

Comment

Citadel Eternal Champion boxed figure set

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Citadel-Chaosi...QQcmdZViewItem

Produced by Citadel, oop and quite rare copyright Michael Moorcock and Chaosium. This is box set BC5, product code 81069 of Michael Moorcock’s Eternal Champion series of figures. This dates back from when Citadel were the UK distributors for Chaosium’s Stormbringer game here in the UK. Figures include Elric of Melinbone, Elric Kinslayer, Erekose, Hawkmoon, Moonglum, Corun Jhaelen Irsei, Urlik Skarsol and Jerry Cornelius. Set has never seen paint and includes stands and shields still on sprues.
                Starting bid: آ£10.00
                Time left: 6 days 19 hours
                Ends 01-Dec-05 18:19:37 GMT
                Item location: London, UK

For all you budding painters out there. :)

Comment

That's wild. Those figures would make a nice gift. :)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                  - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by demos99
                    He also has some New Worlds up (in the 180s range) that I'm going to keep my eye on.
                    The issues #180 to #184 that DeeBee has up for sale are some of the rarest. In fact, #182 and #184 are probably harder to find than the 'banned issue', so I'd bid if I were you Demos! (If you don't bid and they remain at a low price, I might fancy them myself as reading/scanning copies - but I'll stay out if you or any of the other regulars bid.)
                    Mike H.
                    www.holli.co.uk

Comment

I've put a bid in for the Treece. The Boys World set is interesting, but first and foremost I'd like the issue including The Mountain. I might keep an eye of those New Worlds, although I've picked up quite a few large format issues this year.
                      'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Anyone know what this is?

ODD #20, Summer 1969

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ODD-20-Summer-...QQcmdZViewItem

The 20th issue of ODD, dated Summer, 1969. This issue contains Vanghn Bode (writing and drawing), Joe Haldeman, Mike Moorcock, Dick Lupoff, much more. Over 100 pages on heeavy stock, with heavier covers. Condition,: very fine, near mint.
                        Current bid: US $18.00 (Approximately آ£10.46)
                        Time left: 6 days 4 hours
                        Ends: 07-Dec-05 03:09:27 GMT
                        History: 1 bid (US $18.00 starting bid)
                        Item location: Cincinnati, OH.

Comment

Originally posted by demos99
                          Anyone know what this is?
                          No, but it looks interesting. I think the seller is sf writer Mike Resnick, by the way.
                          'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

eBay seller "applecroft" (who I think might be a MM regular - or maybe I've just dealt with them before :? ) has a number of Moorcock items up over the next 7 days:

Factions anthology containing 'A Dead Singer' by MM.
                            The Megaflow Manifesto Volume 1, Number 1 (which I'll probably bid on myself)
                            Fantasy Tales Volume 9, Number 17 containing 'The Last Call' by MM.
                            Michael Moorcock’s Stormbringer by James Cawthorn - graphic novel
                            Moorcock's The Crystal and the Amulet by James Cawthorn - graphic novel

There are other MM-related auctions at http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZapplecroftQQhtZ-1

Comment

Working...
                            X