Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Moorcock on eBay

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone's selling 12 of the 14 hardback editions of Orion/Millennium's "Tale of Eternal Champion" on eBay. Unfortunately they've listed them as 12 separate auctions, so it might be a bit tough to collect all 12, but someone might be brave enough to try. :)

Rather than list all 12 auctions, I'll just provide a link to the seller's 'Other Items' listings. At the moment the auctions are all on the 4th page, but in due course they'll move up the list (naturally).

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfrtsZ1...sZdragon220491

The first auction ends 27-Nov-05, 20:27:31 GMT, and they're located in Staines, UK.

Bidding starts at آ£3.99 each, and individual shipping is آ£2.00, but I guess they'll combine multiple wins if asked. (Some volumes already have bids against them.)

The missing volumes are Vol 4: Corum & Vol 6: The Nomad of the Time Streams, btw.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Copy of The Rose by Charles Harness up on eBay. Panther edition with Introduction by Mike.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Rose-by-Ch...QQcmdZViewItem

Starting Bid: آ£1:00 (no bids)
      Time left: 19 hours
      Ends: 19-Nov-05 16:13:10 GMT

EDIT: Also a French edition (avec preface de Michael Moorcock) at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHARLES-L-HARN...QQcmdZViewItem (ends in 20 hours).
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Saint Vitus Dances Eternity: A Sarajevo Ghost Story (White Wolf, 1996). Oversized 71-page hardcover book by Stewart von Allmen, with an afterword by Michael Moorcock.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/White-Wolf-Bos...QQcmdZViewItem

Buy It Now: $3.00
        Time left: 21 hours
        Ends: 19-Nov-05 18:24:10 GMT

Comment

Bird of Prey, a novel about sexual abuse. by Steve Tasane and Carly Dreyfuss. Intro by Michael Moorcock.

A work of fiction based on real events, events which happen on a daily basis, but which last a lifetime.

'...this book offers hope. To many it could well offer a signpost to freedom.' Michael Moorcock.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BIRD-OF-PREY-a...QQcmdZViewItem
          Starting bid: آ£2.00
          Time left: 1 day
          Ends 19-Nov-05 22:44:32 GMT
          Start time: 09-Nov-05 22:44:32 GMT
          Item location: Hull, UK

Comment

Copy of McSweeney's Mammoth Treasury of Thrilling Tales on eBay (contains the Seaton Begg story 'The Case of the Nazi Canary' by Mike).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THRILLING-TALE...QQcmdZViewItem

Starting bid: آ£1.70
            Time left:1 day 14 hours
            Ends: 20-Nov-05 12:46:07 GMT
            Item location: Poole, Dorset, UK

Comment

This wee oddity has come around again (in the UK) in really nice condition; the boxed set of Chronicles of Castle Brass mis-named Chronicles of Count Brass.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MICHAEL-MOORCO...QQcmdZViewItem

I'll bid myself, to upgrade my copy, unless anyone wants to bid for their first copy; in which case, over to you! Let me know ASAP as it has just a day to run.

Comment

I am confused! It's those French chaps. They've taken some of Druillet's pictures from the Return to Melnibone and put them in a limited edition hardback from 1969!

What the heck is this book???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OPTA-CLA-MICHA...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Here's another one; our own image gallery tells me this is Elric of Melnibone. Looks very collectible.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OPTA-CLF-MICHA...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Nice illustrations in that one :)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by GuyLawley
                      I'll bid myself, to upgrade my copy, unless anyone wants to bid for their first copy; in which case, over to you! Let me know ASAP as it has just a day to run.
                      Hmm. I don't have this box set and wouldn't mind bidding. Let me know if you want to bid Guy.
                      'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Go for it Aral!

If you privately e-mail me your top bid I can step in if someone outbids you, perhaps?

One of us should get it!

Comment

Good, one of us got it.

Now, who's going to treat themselves to this little eBay lot for Xmas?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/15-Vol-Moorcoc...QQcmdZViewItem

?

Comment

Originally posted by KenBoorman
                            Hi Guy,
                            I'm bidding on the next copy that same seller put up, so we will see if I get it :)

Ken
                            Hey, Ken, as you may know the next copy of the Beyond The Eternal Champion Australian mystery book is up:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Beyond-the-Ete...QQcmdZViewItem

I didn't bid high enough last time; I think it might be your turn!

Comment

wow, that hardcover set is a very good deal if you can get it for around a hundred. I'll have to collect the ones I am missing some time. ;)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                              - Michael Moorcock

Comment

1969 Radio Times-Monty Python debut ,Vietnam exc. cond

October 4-10,1969 edition of the Radio Times

Content: --On the cover and a full page article inside-an Omnibus about Vietnam War photographer Larry Burrows
                                A half page article about the launch of a new series called "Monty Python's Flying Circus".Plus a full page colour depiction of a Monopoly board listing other satire shows.
                                --A half page about northern comic Al Read
                                --A full page article and full page pic called "Spectres from Outer Space" -"There are 2 current science fiction series on BBC1 ("Star Trek" and "Counterstrike").Here Michael Moorcock looks into how SF writers have become the visionaries of the technological age"
                                --Plus other little snippets including one about the build up to BBC1 launching colour broadcasts (Beeb 2 having already done so)
                                http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1969-Radio-Tim...QQcmdZViewItem

Starting bid: آ£4.99
                                Time left: 3 days 21 hours
                                Ends 27-Nov-05 17:07:17 GMT
                                Item location: Cambridge, UK

Now, despite the cost of the item I'd be interested in bidding on this for the Image Gallery, but if (as I suspect) it goes above the Starting Bid of آ£5, I don't think I can justify it.

(Something to add to the Bibliography anyway, though. :))

EDIT (added 24/11/05): There's another copy of this magazine gone up in the last few hours, starting price is a little cheaper at آ£3.99.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RADIO-TIMES-10...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Working...
                                X