Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Moorcock on eBay

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demos99
    Here's an interesting item: Beyond the Eternal Champion: Fantasies of Michael Moorcock

[broken link]

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Beyond-the-Ete...QQcmdZViewItem

"Beyond the Eternal Champion: Fantasies of Michael Moorcock" by David Connell is the seventh book/pamphlet in the Babel handbooks series of critical studies on Fantasy and Science Fiction writers. The book/pamphlet was published by Nimrod Publications in 1999 with a recommended retail price of $10. It is 32 pages long and is new.
    Located in Australia

This has come around again and I'm going to bid on it this time, unless I hear from you, Demos (as you spotted it first!)

Congrats on getting that Winter Admiral item.
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-23-2010, 04:20 AM.

Comment

You go ahead Guy. :) The first copy sold for Au$ 12.50 so this looks like a second copy from the same seller. Whether he has anymore to put up on eBay after this though is anyone's guess.
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

I hope this is considered polite - I have some copies of Dudes Dreams up on eBay at the moment:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dude-s-Dreams-Th...QQcmdZViewItem

Ken
        Ken Boorman
        Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

Originally posted by demos99
          You go ahead Guy. :) The first copy sold for Au$ 12.50 so this looks like a second copy from the same seller. Whether he has anymore to put up on eBay after this though is anyone's guess.
          Thanks.

Yes, I'd noticed that this seller might possibly have number of these in a box under his bed.

Comment

If you're referring to my post Mike, I did indeed get then direct from Brian Tawn. I have then listed on my website too - but in science fiction/fantasy, for lack of a better place to put them.

Ken
            Ken Boorman

Comment

Dude's Dream is a book which should be in everyone's Moorcock collection, in my 'umble.

The other book which came up here, the Aussie (?) study of Mike's writing, howsomever, remains a mystery; I will be able to report on its contents if and when I get hold of a copy.

Comment

Hi Guy,
                I'm bidding on the next copy that same seller put up, so we will see if I get it :)

Ken
                Ken Boorman

Comment

Have just discovered that the Beyond the Eternal Champion phamplet may also be available from Amazon.co.uk for آ£5.50 + آ£1.99 'sourcing fee' + shipping, btw. (Availability is 4-6 weeks, and 'titles occasionally go out of print or publishers run out of stock'.)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...886672-6485268
                  _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                  _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                  _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                  _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Well discovered, Demos; however I'm told that comments like those on Amazon are likely to mean: "In fact we can't get you a copy of this. Order one by all means but expect to wait longer than your lifetime for it to arrive."

Anyone have any direct experience of this ?

Comment

Originally posted by GuyLawley
                      I have. I could give you a long list of academic texts which Amazon have claimed to be able to get hold of, but turned out not have been published yet; in fact some of them were never published. They basically just copy the information from the National Book database or similar, and often don't change the publication date when it gets set back.

Some years ago, I wrote to ask them why it took them so long to get hold of a couple of items for me when I knew for a fact that there were copies in stock with the UK publisher. Amazon told me that when they received orders for items they did not have in stock, they simply passed them on to the wholesaler Bertram Books, then sat back and waited.

Comment

Originally posted by GuyLawley
                        Well discovered, Demos; however I'm told that comments like those on Amazon are likely to mean: "In fact we can't get you a copy of this. Order one by all means but expect to wait longer than your lifetime for it to arrive."

Yep. Truth In Advertising regulations, if enacted, would elicit a disclaimer from Amazon (UK or US) just like yours. :D

Strangely enough I just ordered some books and DVDs, and the latter -- the first 4 seasons of Danger Mouse, in fact -- have just shipped. "Expected arrival date January 16-20."

Uh, where are they shipping these from, Sumatra? Are they shipping via their Mons Olympus transfer hub, or Ceres Base? Are they using a slowboat, or perhaps an airship? :?

Comment

Originally posted by Pellaz

Strangely enough I just ordered some books and DVDs, and the latter -- the first 4 seasons of Danger Mouse, in fact -- have just shipped. "Expected arrival date January 16-20."

Uh, where are they shipping these from, Sumatra? Are they shipping via their Mons Olympus transfer hub, or Ceres Base? Are they using a slowboat, or perhaps an airship? :?
                          :lol:
                          but then again, :(

Comment

This may be of interest to anyone interested in fantasy in general or Mike's "Aspects of Fantasy"essays from Science Fantasy, which formed the basis for his later Wizardry and Wild Romance

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EXPLORING-FANT...QQcmdZViewItem

EXPLORING FANTASY WORLDS, edited by DARRELL SCHWEITZER. Borgo Press, 1985. Essays on fantasy, either from obscure and hard-to-get sources, or originals. MICHAEL MOORCOCK's "Aspects of Fantasy," POUL ANDERSON on Johannes V. Jensen, DAVID H. KELLER on Mervyn Pake, FRITZ LEIBER on the anima archetype, L. SPRAGUE DE CAMP on "Robert E. Howard's Fiction" (original to this book), DARRELL SCHWEITZER on archaism in fantasy. SANDRA MIESEL on Robert Silverberg's SON OF MAN, Ben Indick on Robert Nathan, PAUL SPENCER on James Branch Cabell. As-new. SIGNED by Schweitzer.
                            Starting bid: US $2.99 (Approximately آ£1.74)
                            Time left: 4 days 6 hours (Ends 23-Nov-05)

Comment

Working...
                            X