Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Moorcock on eBay

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demos99
    Aral, I see you were bidding on the YARTFT book above, but are currently out-bid (still 19 hours to go though). Anyway, you may be interested in this copy
    Yes thanks, demos, I bid on that one too, but it's going up...
    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Copy of Frendz #3 newspaper/magazine ending in 15 hours.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Frendz-3-Moorc...QQcmdZViewItem

Starting price: آ£4.99 if anyone's interested.[/url]
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

I know some people were looking for copies of Jim Cawthorn's Jewel in the Skull graphic novel recently. There's a copy on eBay ending in 15 hours:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-JEWEL-IN-T...QQcmdZViewItem

Starting price: آ£0.99.
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Here's an interesting item: Beyond the Eternal Champion: Fantasies of Michael Moorcock

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Beyond-the-Ete...QQcmdZViewItem

"Beyond the Eternal Champion: Fantasies of Michael Moorcock" by David Connell is the seventh book/pamphlet in the Babel handbooks series of critical studies on Fantasy and Science Fiction writers. The book/pamphlet was published by Nimrod Publications in 1999 with a recommended retail price of $10. It is 32 pages long and is new.
          Located in Australia - current bid = Au$2.00. Ends 07-Nov-05 10:18:11 GMT

Comment

One more item that's a bit out of the ordinary:

unpunched 1977 ELRIC fantasy game

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Elric is based on the character by Michael Moorcock written by Greg Stafford and published by Chaosium in 1977. Although the game is based on a series of short stories and novels, it is not necessary for a player to be familiar with the book to enjoy the game.....yet, Elric fans will find delight in their familiarity. New players may even find themselves at an advantage in a lack of bias towards characters presented here.

This game is complete, unpunched, and in very good condition as it has been kept in a plastic sleeve for years. The large card of counters has loosened from its outer frame, but has not been punched or played. It is getting harder to find, especially in this good condition. A good playing game and a good collectible.
            Location: Illinois, current bid = $9.99 (Reserve not met), ends 07-Nov-05 00:13:42 GMT

Comment

The above Chaosium board game looks similar (yet slightly different) to the Avalon Hill board game in the Image Gallery, btw.

[broken link][broken link]
              Last edited by Rothgo; 04-23-2010, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Seller in Australia (booksglen457) has a load of Science Fantasy and some Science Fiction Adventure magazines on eBay at the moment.

I've put bids on a couple of Moorcock-related issues, but there may be other issues of interest to a collector. (Lots of Ed McBain books too.)

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZbooksglen457QQhtZ-1
                http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfrtsZ1...sZbooksglen457

Comment

[broken link]

http://cgi.ebay.com/zakas-pirates-el...QQcmdZViewItem
                  Last edited by Rothgo; 04-23-2010, 04:22 AM.

Comment

There's an Uncorrected Proof copy of 'The White Wolf's Son' on eBay at the moment. Since the book came out earlier this year, I guess it's okay to publicise this (unlike the Vengeance of Rome proofs, which we want to publicise for entirely different reasons.) Not picture, sorry.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Michael-Moorco...QQcmdZViewItem

This auction is for a new and unread advanced reader's copy (uncorrected proof) copy of The The White Wolf's Son by Michael Moorcock . The book is in mint condition. This is a softcover...not a hardcover edition.
                    Location: Canada, Starting bid US $0.99 (Approximately آ£0.56), Time left: 4 days, Ends 09-Nov-05 02:25:32 GMT

Comment

A Winter Admiral, Daily Telegraph, 1994.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

THIS IS A MOORCOCK RARITY, IN 1994 THE DAILY TELEGRAPH PUBLISHED A SELECTION OF SHORT STORIES BY VARIOUS WRITERS. THIS ONE PUBLISHED MARCH 5th 1994 IS BY MICHEAL MOORCOCK.

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL PAGE FROM THE NEWSPAPER, UNCLIPPED AND IN VERY GOOD CONDITION APART FROM SOME NEAT, CLEAN FOLDS
                      [broken link]

Location: UK, Starting bid: آ£0.99, Time left: 1 day 21 hours, Ends 06-Nov-05 19:13:51 GMT

This one looks quite interesting and the price isn't that bad either. I'd be interested in bidding on this myself unless anyone else is also interested.
                      Last edited by Rothgo; 04-23-2010, 04:18 AM.

Comment

THE THACKERY T. LAMBSHEAD POCKET GUIDE TO ECCENTRIC AND DISCREDITED DISEASES, Jeff VanderMeer & Mark Roberts (eds)

MIEVILLE + MOORCOCK+ GAIMAN + MOORE 1st HC SIGNED/LTD

San Francisco/Portand; Night Shade Books: 2003. THE THACKERY T. LAMBSHEAD POCKET GUIDE TO ECCENTRIC AND DISCREDITED DISEASES, Jeff VanderMeer & Mark Roberts (eds). 1st hardcover edition. Issued as a SIGNED/LIMITED edition of 650 copies SIGNED BY ALL CONTRIBUTORS...

Contributors: Alan M. Clark, Alan Moore, Andrew J Wilson, Brendan Connell, Brian Evenson, Brian Stableford, China Miأ©ville, Cory Doctorow, David Langford, Dawn Andrews, Elliot Fintushel, G Eric Schaller, Gahan Wilson, Gary Couzens, Harvey Jacobs, Iain Rowan, Jack Slay Jr, Jay Caselburg, Jeff Topham, Jeffrey Ford, Jeffrey Thomas, John Coulthart, Kage Baker, L Timmel Duchamp, Lance Olsen, Liz Williams, Martin Newell, Michael Barry, Michael Bishop, Michael Cisco, Michael Cobley, Michael Moorcock, Mike O'Driscoll, Nathan Ballingrud, Neil Gaiman, Neil Williamson, Paul DiFilippo, R.M. Berry, Rachel Pollack, Rhys Hughes, Richard Calder, Rikki Ducornet, Robert Freeman Wexler, Sara Gwenllian Jones, Shelley Jackson, Stepan Chapman, Steve Aylett, Steve Rasnic Tem, Steve Redwood, Tamar Yellin, Tim Lebbon. Fine in fine dj.
                        Mike's contribution to this anthology is something called "Samoan Rat". :?

Starting bid: US $55.00 (Approximately آ£31.04)
                        Buy It Now price: US $62.00 (Approximately آ£34.99)
                        Time left: 3 days, Ends 08-Nov-05 02:36:33 GMT

or if that's too rich for your pocket (and you don't need the signatures):

This is the UK Macmillian hardback (unsigned :))

Location: UK, Starting bid: آ£3.50, Time left: 8 days 22 hours, Ends 13-Nov-05 20:49:28 GMT

For more information on this book, see http://www.lambsheadguide.com/orders/index.html

Also available from Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com (in trade paperback - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/055...books&v=glance)

Comment

New World's Fair Boxset (with 'Death is No Obstacle')

Contains the "New World's Fair" CD and the 143 page interview book "Death is No Obstacle."
                          Location: US, Starting bid: US $9.95 (Approximately آ£5.62), Time left: 4 days, Ends 08-Nov-05 23:46:06 GMT

Comment

I'd be interested in bidding on A Winter Admiral demos, but as you spotted it first you ought to have first call. I'll wait until tomorrow and then bid if you haven't? I won't bid against you though...
                            'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Ok, Aral. I've put a (small) bid in for the Winter Admiral, but if I get outbid between now and the end I won't bid again, so feel free to bid if that should happen. :)

EDIT: I won, btw. :woot:

Comment

Anyone know anything about this book?

[broken link]

There's a copy up on eBay at the moment:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-MICHAEL-MOOR...QQcmdZViewItem

ANDREW HARPER & GEORGE MCAULAY.
                                MICHAEL MOORCOCK: A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH BIOGRAPHICAL NOTES.
                                Kansas City MO: T-K Graphics. FIRST EDITION. 1976.
                                29 pages. 1 2-PAGE ILLUSTRATION. Octavo (5 1/2 by 8 inch) stapled softcover.
                                Price blacked out front, a touch of very light soiling, o/w NEAR FINE CONDITION.
                                Current bid: $19.99 (آ£11:48 )
                                Time left: 6 days, Ends 16-Nov-05 23:03:47 GMT

It also comes with a copy of Sojan, btw.

Seeing as how I already have the Sojan, this one's a bit rich for my tastes, but someone else here may be interested.
                                Last edited by Rothgo; 04-23-2010, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X