Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Moorcock on eBay

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorcock on eBay

I was on e-bay and saw there is an autographed copy of Byzantium Endures with draft. That is so cool. I thought I'd post the link in case you all did not see it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Moorcock...QQcmdZViewItem

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Moorcock on eBay

Since we've had a number of threads recently about rare copies of Mike's work on eBay (Sleeping Sorceress, Lives and Times, Science Fantasy, etc.) perhaps it would be more organised if we had a general thread for eBay alerts?

(Alerts about Proofs of Vengeance should be reported in the Vengeance of Ebay thread of course.)

Only a thought. Anyway...

Just spotted a copy of the 1st ed. hardback of The Transformation of Miss Mavis Ming on eBay. Ex-library copy, just over a day to go, no bids, starting bid آ£1.99. UK postage آ£1.80.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/M-MOORCOCK-TRA...QQcmdZViewItem

Nice cover by Rodney Matthews.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Fantasy Crossroads #12 Nov. 1977 Robert E.Howard fanzine.Stories by Moorcock,Hodgson.Art by Gene Day,Clyde Caldwell,William McMurtray.44 pages.Fine cond.

[image moved]

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fantasy-Crossroa...QQcmdZViewItem

This contains the original publication of 'The Nemedians' by Mike (reprinted in "Ghor, Kin-slayer"). (See [broken link])

:cat: Single Cat Alert

Less than a day to go on this auction! Ends 05-Oct-05 18:46:52 BST / 10:46:52 PDT.

No bids. Starting @ $9.99. Ships worldwide.
      Last edited by Rothgo; 04-08-2010, 11:11 AM.
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Excellent idea, and well done for finding these items.

I may well go for the Mavis Ming if no-one else is mad keen.

Comment

Congrats, Demos, on adding Science Fantasy 63 (first appearance of the Elric story Sad Giant's Shield) to your collection.

Ain't eBay grand?

Comment

Here's a nice HB (not first) edition with a low starting price:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELRIC-AT-THE-E...QQcmdZViewItem

And here's a DJ-less first edition (Mike's first "novel" in HB I believe) with a fairly odd reader's addition:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-STEALER-OF...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

A couple of bids have gone in from me on items mentioned, thanks for the notice chaps. If you want to bid on the Mavis Ming Guy, feel free. I have a nice Legends From The End Of Time, but no hardback Ming, but as you expressed an interest first I'll give you the option of bidding if you want it.
              'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

There's a first edition of the Earl Aubec collection currently standing at آ£29.00!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Is it really worth that much? It's a relatively recent book and fairly easy to get in paperback.

Comment

I suspect it's collectors who want the full set of omnibus editions.
                  Also, it's the only more or less complete collection of shorts (including the short novel Golden Barge). Strange what does and doesn't fetch high prices, though... :)

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                  The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                  Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                  The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                  Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1stDJ-MICHAEL...QQcmdZViewItem

On eBay Australia: ~1st DJ~ MICHAEL MOORCOCK Legends from the end of time (Hardback)

Another cover by Rodney Matthews.

Buy It Now for $10 (US). Shipping to UK = Au$15.50 Airmail.

Comment

I'm ashamed to say I forgot the Mavis Ming was ending yesterday and some other lucky soul snapped it up for آ£3.21.

I hold myself fully responsible for this appalling state of affairs and will wear sackcloth and ashes for a week.

Next time Aral had better have first dibs on Mavis.

Comment

Originally posted by GuyLawley
                        I'm ashamed to say I forgot the Mavis Ming was ending yesterday and some other lucky soul snapped it up for آ£3.21.

I hold myself fully responsible for this appalling state of affairs and will wear sackcloth and ashes for a week.

Next time Aral had better have first dibs on Mavis.
                        I shamed myself similarly when I missed a non-library cancel copy of Mavis Ming for آ£4.99. I look horrible in sackcloth. :lol:

The only other copies I've ever seen (other than ex-library copies) run over $75. On the bright side, I bought my ex-library copy for $2.50.

Comment

AS Guy hadn't bid, I did actually put a bid in for Mavis Ming but didn't want to go tooo high as it was an ex-library book.

If anyones' interested there are several copies of the Elric Of Melnibone graphic novel up at the moment. I've bagged one already:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=6566669830
                          'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Originally posted by Aral Vilsn
                            If anyones' interested there are several copies of the Elric Of Melnibone graphic novel up at the moment. I've bagged one already:

Ah, now we know your Ebay name, hehe!
                            Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by Aral Vilsn

Curses! You talked me into it. (I can't resist PCR's artwork at that price.)

Comment

Working...
                              X