Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Dancers at the End of Time is an Editor's Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    PS Just checked the site. Excellent. Your readers might want to know that a cheaper edition of Dancers is available via Amazon UK -- in fact TWO cheaper editions, one in the Fantasy Masterworks series, one in the omnibus edition (same as White Wolf edition but mass market). There are also quite a few second hand copies of earlier paperback editions knocking about, I'd guess.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Cheers, Tony. I DO have some recommendations. Some of them are in reviews I've done of new or fairly new writers like K. Bishop, Jeff VanderMeer and others. I make a point of only reviewing sf or fantasy by newcomers (I did the first 'straight' publication review of Mieville, for instance, in The Spectator) because I have a certain advantage over most reviewer in that I can ask non-genre publications to let me review something I'm enthusiastic about.
    I'd love to link to your site, for that reason if no other. The reviews should be available here, though I tend not to check because I concentrate my involvement in this Q&A aspect. I'd suggest you get in touch with Berry for any technical info.
    Thanks again!!

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic The Dancers at the End of Time is an Editor's Pick

The Dancers at the End of Time is an Editor's Pick

Dear Michael,

I run a web site at www.sff.tigerheron.com which provides reading recommendations each month to science fiction and fantasy readers. Your book The Dancers at the End of Time is a Octobe editor’s SF pick. I'd like to thank you for providing all of us with this wonderful book. This is a courtesy notice that you will get each time I recommend one of your books (normally I do this through direct e-mail).

NOTE: Most of my visitors are either too shy or too passive to send me recommendations. I locate most recommendations on my own, but I've got some excellent recommendations from authors, who tend to understand the value of promoting good works. If you have any recommendations, I would be pleased to receive them. You will be credited with the recommendation unless you specify otherwise. The offer is good for anyone reading this forum.

Read on if you want more detail:
    • A stable link to my recommendation of this book will always be at http://www.sff.tigerheron.com/editors-sf-picks-0510.php
    • I don't require it and it doesn't influence who I pick, but you are welcome to link to this page if you wish. The authors who have included a link to my site have really increased my traffic and I appreciate their help.
    • I try to provide a reading list each month which includes recent books appealing to a variety of tastes. To see the company in which you've been placed, check out http://www.sff.tigerheron.com/previo...mendations.php.
    • I present a reading list, not a set of reviews. My site is a fan site and I use the list to select my own reading. My tastes are pretty broad but I deliberately include excellent books that might not personally appeal to me. There's no way I can read all these books, and I don't have access to advance copies. I have read Dancer's at the End of Time.
    • Famous authors (like you) do get listed, but they don't really need my help. I try to promote good books by first-time authors and good books that have not had good press.
    • I figure that if I can promote good books, there will be more good books for me to read. And the quality of my reading has gone up since I started the list!

Tony Freixas
    [email protected]
    www.tigerheron.com
Working...
X