Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Science Fantasy 63, New Worlds 168, on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science Fantasy 63, New Worlds 168, on eBay

Anyone need these? I'd like to bid on both as second copies for reading/scanning, but happy to let 'em go to anyone who hasn't got one.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Science-Fantas...QQcmdZViewItem

Above is the link to the SciFan issue and click on Seller's Other Items to find the NW

I've had my eye on both those items Guy, but I won't shed any tears if someone beats me to them. ;)
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

This really ought to be in an "off-list" e-mail, but since I'm at work for the next couple of hours...

Demos, someone has opened the bidding on the Science Fantasy as you may have seen, so if you want it you'd better get bidding!

Comment

Thanks for the 'heads-up' Guy. I've put a bid in on the NW item, I'm inclined to hold off until tomorrow before putting in a bid on the SF item, and if you get there before me I'll hold off.
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Demos, I'd rather you got the SciFan 63 as your first copy than I got it as my second copy. I will happily leave the field open to you, but if at the last minute (assuming I'm around) you have been outbid, might I jump in and outbid your outbidder?

Or will you be using sneaky snipy software to put in a high bid 7 seconds from the end of the auction? :)

Comment

That was me; never had to log in from home before; has always happened auotmatically. Will have to watch that!

Comment

Originally posted by GuyLawley
              Or will you be using sneaky snipy software to put in a high bid 7 seconds from the end of the auction? :)
              Actually I never use 'sneaky snipy software' prefering to fly by the seat of my pants as it were. :)

Of course, if I'm not the highest bidder towards the end then feel free to bid. (I shall probably put a bid in between 8-9pm (if I remember) and see how it goes.)

Comment

Originally posted by GuyLawley
                Congrats, Demos, on adding Science Fantasy 63 (first appearance of the Elric story Sad Giant's Shield) to your collection.

Ain't eBay grand?
                Oh yes! :)

And it's even better when you get it for less than the 'Buy It Now' price. :D

Hopefully the NW will be mine as well soon. [image moved]

Comment

Working...
                X