Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Stacia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stacia

Hi Michael

I wonder if you're able to help? I'm trying to track down Stacia for an interview for a TV programme that I'm working on for Channel 4 in the UK - currently called 'Ultimate Hellraisers' - with a view to talking to her about her time with Hawkwind, etc.

We will be filming in the US, probably in November, but in the first instance I'm just trying to make contact to see if she would be interested in contributing to the programme. Is there any way you can put me in touch with her?

We're based in Glasgow, Scotland, and my contact details are:

email: [email protected]
    tel: 0141 353 8464

If you could offer any help (or anyone else reading this!) please feel free to pass my details on or get in touch!

Many thanks

Ian Sizeland
    Assistant Producer - Ultimate Hellraisers
    IWC Media for Channel 4

(P.S. Bit of a long shot, but I'm also trying to track down Dik Mik!)

Stacia was in touch with me a couple of years or so ago. As I recall she'd married and moved to the US. Sadly, we lost touch. I liked Stacia a lot. A very nice woman. Might be worth posting a few other places, especially on Hawkwind sites. You've probably already tried that. I know she's around, however. Best I can tell you. A search of the archives here might JUST turn her name up. She could have contacted me through the old site.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Who were the penultimate hellraisers? :lol:
      \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Ian:

How about this story:

Crackpot anglophilic American college professor and estranged former fiancee who is now crackpot Oxford lecturer. We'll tell our lurid stories, argue with one another, and then maybe arrive at a reconcillation on air! Um, to begin with she left home at 15 and lived in a childrens' mental hospital. Sound good? And me? I'm an acid head! Is channel 4 ready?

Totally bonkers story, and there is a Soctland connection to boot--from the Cloisters of Iona Abbey to the groves of the University of St. Andrews (not to mention the streets of Boston, Tornoto, New York, Montana, Ohio, India, Silicon Valley, and so on). Love at first sight, daily international mail corrspondence, losing jobs, crackpot WWII army veterans, sacrificing virginity in the Cotswold Hills while reading from Poe's Fall of the House of Usher (why not?), anti-semitism, breakdows before large crowds, sinister acts of of petty revenge, psychological abuse as metaphysics, passive aggression, poetry, poverty, fast and easy airline tickets, experiments in feminist utopia, scamming immigration visas, train journeys, chauffers, American Navy bases, passing out in hospital emergency rooms with cracked heads bathing in pools of blood, suicide attempts, steroidal acne, sacrificing all for careers teaching poetry, meanwhile writing stunning novels and demented verse, the whole cabbage patch....

Much for your viewers to eat up. Yes, lots of hell rasing, though not the rock and roll kind. I mean we are talking the real noodley s--t here!

Leave your brief impression here, and I'll make contact if you're interested. Muugh haugh haugh haugh!

:woot:

Comment

Originally posted by Eureka
          talking the real noodley....
          Er, yes. Ahem. What has been called "madcap capers of highbrows." They did it all for art. Quite.

Comment

I always wondered what happened to Stacia...

Comment

There's a very nice colour picture of Stacia at the start of a Hawkwind article in a Q magazine Prog Rock special on sale now. There's also a small picture of Mike and Nik Turner taken in 1975, and Mike gets a mention of course. Would have bought it but it was آ£5.99...
              'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Has everyone seen these? http://www.angel.dk/hawkwind/HAWKovers2.html
                \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Crumbs! I hadn't seen them. The last one looks like the photo featured in the Q mag, but uncensored.
                  'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Comment

I feel a bit guilty about this, but Channel 4 never did me any favours so:

I'm no expert, but I think I caught sight of Stacia's face (yes, I was looking at her face) in a trailer for this BBC programme, which starts tonight:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/listings..._4224_41201_60

As I say, I wasn't really aware of her until this thread came up, so I may be mistaken.
                    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
                      I feel a bit guilty about this, but Channel 4 never did me any favours so:

I'm no expert, but I think I caught sight of Stacia's face (yes, I was looking at her face) in a trailer for this BBC programme, which starts tonight
                      They only showed her face didn't they? :lol: It was very quick, but I'm pretty sure it was Stacia.

Comment

Hmmm... As far as I could see, she hasn't been in the programme at all yet, and now they're up to the New Romantics. Tch! False advertising!! Still, we did get to see Suzi Quatro and Patti Smith, so that's pretty 8) .

Comment

Wasn't she in the Hawkwind footage (when they played 'Silver Machine' in the background)? She had a silvery-blue painted face (if it's the girl I'm think of).

:?
                          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

:oops: I must admit I nipped downstairs for a snack at one point. Somehow I knew I'd miss something but I was hungry! Shame on me. I'll shut up now. :(

Comment

Don't worry, she was fully clothed...

Comment

Working...
                              X