Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

This is how chaosium treats contributing authors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REDKOMET
    replied
    After reading his post,I would say that he has plenty to be pissed about.
    Unfortunately,this seems to happen all the time in the world of adventure gaming.
    TSR,for instance comes to mind.Nice pretty,full color books with swanky plastic or leather covers...wow.We read something at the end of TSR's sordid existance that these same books would have cast them nearly $40.00 to produce.They sold at a PRINTED msrp of $30.-$35.What a savage beating for those in the finance department.Too many books were produced like this with an already horrific debt-base already incurred with Random House.Game over for TSR.
    Similarly,in the mid to late 90's,a small little miniatures company known as Heartbreaker produced not only a full line of figures for a game called WARZONE,but the rules set for said game as well.A fine man named Bob Wattz had written the rules for a Swedish holdings company called Target AB.Bob and his whole crew at Heartbreaker sued(after not being paid a red cent!)Target for the rights to their creation.Their suit dragged on until Heartbreaker finally gave up due to bankruptcy(big surprize).
    As a note of justice,however,Target had spent tons of money to replace the existing line of miniatures and the core rules for the game,and the fans did not care.You could not give the stuff away.
    Target made a number of dumb ass decisions,and lo and behold....went down the way of Davy Jones.
    I say if companies are making these bad business decisions,not paying contributing talent,and producing 2nd and 3rd editions to add insult to injury....nail 'em.
    Sorry for the rant gentlemen,but I work in the gaming industry and this stuff never fails to push buttons with me.
    -PS-Has anyone ever tried to use the magic system in the Stormbringer RPG.......Mike should sue them over that to begin with.Elric would have never been the sorceror of reknown he was in the series if he had to contend with that ponderous monster of a magic system.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I wonder if those of us ripped off by Chaosium shouldn't get together and start some sort of joint suit, which might have the result of us taking over what has always been a financially shaky company. They've survived on ccreator's patience for far too long. I am very close to sueing.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Here's the link > http://www.yog-sothoth.com/modules.p...isplay&jid=453

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic This is how chaosium treats contributing authors.

This is how chaosium treats contributing authors.

If anyone needs further proof of the nefarious practices of chaosium towards its contributing authors, then have a look at the journal section of the Yog-Sothoth site.Author Daniel Harms has a rant on not getting paid by chaosium.It seems that the company does not value the writers whose books they make a profit from.

Anthracite.
Working...
X