Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

New Hawkwind guest vocalist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hawkwind guest vocalist...

I was rather surprised to find that TV and radio presenter Matthew Wright has guested with Hawkwind and has even sung on their new album Take Me To Your Leader:

http://www.wrighton.tv/hawkwind.htm

Strange indeed... :|
    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Good God! The mind boggles.

Anyway, I've appeared at the Fairfield Halls, too (although it wasn't with Hawkwind and I was nine).

Comment

the wright stuff?

No way!where can I get footage,and whens the album out? :clap:

Comment

oops!

Sorry,did'nt notice the link!(muppet)

Comment

In a tongue in cheek piece in today's Sun, Matthew himself wonders if Dave Brock's brain is 'chemically challenged after years of challenging chemicals.' Fair play to Wrighty, he's not taking it too seriously :lol:

Arthur Brown appears on the new album too and there's also a track about Robert Calvert on there.
          'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Comment

Ahem! >[i]Looks over spectacles like Headmaster<

'Why were you reading,' >his lip curls< 'The Sun, exactly, Mr Vilsn...?'

Comment

Because... because... oh God I don't know! :D

As I keep saying, The Sun is the paper that called Michael Moorcock 'a person of rare goodness and sanity', but that was after he got the writer drunk and before Rupert Murdoch took it over. I have no defence, I'm um...

Comment

I think it's disgusting to condescend to those of us who might have experimented a little with chemicals during a few brief days in our youth.
                Doesn't mean to say they've had any affect.
                Who's Dave Brock, by the way ?

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

:lol:

By the way, the 'chemically challenged' comment was a self-deprecating reference by Wright, speculating how he was allowed to perform with Hawkwind in the first place. I didn't really make that clear earlier.

Comment

I don't know this Wright bloke. Is his TV any good? Does he have any obvious political or libertarian leanings?

Comment

Iirc, Matthew Wright was the chap who accidently fingered John Leslie as the TV presenter who (allegedly) raped Ulrika Johnson and whose resulting trial (at which he was found not guilty of the charges) gave the world Abi Titmuss.

Bastard! :x
                      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

You wouldn't catch me fingering John Leslie.

Or Abi Titmuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Perdix
                          You wouldn't catch me fingering John Leslie.

Or Abi Titmuss.
                          :lol: :lol:

Well, he only did it accidentally !

Comment

So he says. So he says... :|

Comment

Working...
                            X