Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Looking for White Wolf paperbacks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for White Wolf paperbacks....

Can anybody help me find the last three volumes (13-Legends From the End of Time, 14- Earl Aubec, and 15- Count Brass) of the White Wolf Omnibuses in paperback? I have the whole series in hardcover, but want to collect the paperbacks as well. 1-12 were easy to find, but the last three are tougher. Especially 15 (Count Brass), which I can only find in hardcover for about $100 (did they ever release this one in trade paperback???)

Thanks,
    - Joe

Earl Aubec and Count Brass were only issued in hardcover, and (as I remember) there were very few of the Legends from the End of Time in trade.

At the risk of speaking out of turn (and I certainly apologize if I am), White Wolf is apparently better at publishing games than honoring contracts on omnibus editions.

Comment

Wow, that really sucks. Seems somewhat unprofessional too, as you have alluded to.

I probably wouldn't have gone and tracked down 1-12 if I knew that, and I'm sure alot of others feel the same. Very irritating. I am glad I already have them all in hardcover though. I just wanted some 'reading copies'.

- Joe D.

>Earl Aubec and Count Brass were only issued in hardcover, and (as I >remember) there were very few of the Legends from the End of Time in >trade.

>At the risk of speaking out of turn (and I certainly apologize if I am), >White Wolf is apparently better at publishing games than honoring >contracts on omnibus editions.

Comment

It's not the same, I know, but have you considered filling the gaps with the UK Millenium Omnibus editions?

The Count Brass volume, for example, is on eBay cheaply now, in p/b:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MICHAEL-MOORCO...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Hi!

Just to confirm (and to slightly correct), the last three White Wolf omnibuses (incl. 'Legends...') did not come out in trade-p/b at all.

Best,

John.

Comment

Thanks for the good info guys. I think I will take your advice and grab the Millenium versions.

- Joe DeAngelo

Comment

Originally posted by joed
              Thanks for the good info guys. I think I will take your advice and grab the Millenium versions.

- Joe DeAngelo
              Just realise that the Millenium editions are in mass market paperback format and not trade one; they are much smaller than the White Wolf ones. They have great covers though. You might also be interested in The New Nature of the Catastrophe omnibus, which was published only as part of the Millenium series.

Comment

Millenium did hardback, trade paperback and mass market paperback editions, whereas White Wolf only did hardback and trade paperback (in fact they only did hardback of the last two) editions.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Just one clarification (and sorry if this has been clarified elsewhere, but I haven't seen such, if so): is the Millenium version of Count Brass identical to the White Wolf version?

Thanks,

SeanMoon (Waiting for my registration to come through)

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
                    Just one clarification (and sorry if this has been clarified elsewhere, but I haven't seen such, if so): is the Millenium version of Count Brass identical to the White Wolf version?

Thanks,

SeanMoon (Waiting for my registration to come through)
                    Yes, the text is identical.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Oren Douek

Yes, the text is identical.

Regards
                      Thanks! I'd read that there were some edits and so on to the WW versions (I guess one of the bastable books had an extra 20K words in it), so I wanted to make sure I had the most up to date texts.

SeanMoon

Comment

There were a few minor changes to one or two of the omnibus volumes and John Davey, editor of the series, should be able to help there. I did write a lot more of the last Bastable book, The Steel Tsar, to go in the Nomad volume, but that was published in both the UK and US editions.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                        The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                        Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                        The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                        Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

I finally found the link I was looking for:

http://homepage.mac.com/antallan/taleotec.html

Great site with a good overiew of the entire series and the differences between the American and British omnibuses.

Hopefully, that would answer all of your questions :)

Comment

It's Ant's site! :D
                            'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Interesting site, but is erroneous in one simple manner. The lines it claims to have missing from
                              the Millenium version of 'Legends of the End of Time,' are very much contained in the copy I own.

Comment

Working...
                              X