Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Want to buy Moorcock's Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to buy Moorcock's Books

Hi to every one, I am writing frome sapin: Here i read Elric thanks a friend of mine that has those books but the spanish transaltion of those books, and i think all of Moorcock's one are poor an very bad. I wanted to buy those books in english but found several editions frome diferent publisher, can some one help me to buy the best one, and say me where please. Thankls to every one. Elric sucks. :clap:

The 'current' versions of Mike's EC novels are the Orion/Millennium omnibuses (published by White Wolf in the US), some of which are still in print and available through Amazon, but other (better?) sources to try are abebooks and Jayde Design.

Are there any specific titles that you're particularly interested in?
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Elric sucks? Do you mean rocks?
      'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

First I am interested in the most Moorcock's Boock and i am searching the same edition, it looks cool to have al the same. ANd sorry yes I mean Elrick ROCKS :lol: I need some english friends so that i can practice it :lol:

Some weeks ago i searched some books, but only found some of the 8 elric books in on Publisher and the other in another publisher, it is confusing for me to buy it so, i looked too in ebay and found only a few of them. There should be a web page where i can buy all 8 book ad one time and the same publisher. And hope see in a near futer a good spanish translation cause spanish is a beuitiful language and i like how Moorcock writes and it deserve the best trasnlation.

PD: I tried to translate them boot i have few free time :(

Comment

Your problem is that most of the books are out of print. So there is no one web site where one publisher offers all the books.

Your best bet: e-mail John Davey at Jayde Design (handy link near bottom left of this page!) and ask him if he has the Millenium omnibus editions in stock, or the three Book Club Editions, The Elric Saga Part I, II, III and now, I'm told, IV is also out. The whole Saga in 4 uniform editions (I think they are uniform). These are hardback and publisher is sometimes listed as Nelson Doubleday, sometimes identified as BCE or Book Club Edition. usually identifiable by the Roamn Numerals I, II etc.

Another good idea is looking for all seven Grafton paperbacks (UK) from around 1989, with nice Michael Whelan covers -a uniform set. Only goes up to Elric At The End Of Time (no Fortress Of The Pearl,. Revenge of the Rose etc.). Very cheap reading coopies are always available on eBay/ABE.
          (Covers are the sams as the US DAW editions form the late 70s but the Grafton UK editions are much cheaper to buy).

I agree with others that eBay is a good source and so is the Advanced Book Exchange, link:

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/

Good luck and have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rorkror
            First I am interested in the most Moorcock's Boock and i am searching the same edition, it looks cool to have al the same.
            None of Mike's novels are *all* published by the same publisher, but there are runs of novels that share similiar editions from the same publisher. I can only really talk about the UK editions, and since you're in Spain I don't know how easily you'll be able to get hold of some the ones I'll mention below.

The aforementioned Orion/Millennium 'Eternal Champion' omnibuses will all look very smart on your shelves (there are 14 volumes in all) and contain the most currently revised and 'authorised' versions of Mike's EC novels.

Another very nice set you can collect are the early '70s Mayflower paperbacks with covers by the artist Bob Haberfield. You can find a list of the novels in this set (which commences [link expired]Bob Haberfield entry in the Moorcockopedia on this site.

With regards to the Elric novels, there are two main sets with covers by two different artists: Michael Whelan and Robert Gould. You'll find images of both sets in their respective entries in the Moorcockopedia again. (The
            Whelan covers are availale in both UK and US editions from Grafton/Granada and DAW Books respectively, while the Gould are only available in the US from Berkley/Ace).

Tying in with the UK Whelan Elric range are a variety of paperbacks from Grafton/Granada. There's no uniform artist, with covers to various series ((ie Corum, Hawkmoon, Bastable, etc.) by various artists but the fonts and spines to the books are reasonably uniform.

Check out the [link expired]Image Gallery for more images of the various covers to Mike's novels.

Hope this helps some.
            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

I've come across DAW books and other American titles in Spain, so you might even think it worth looking for the typical yellow-spined DAW books which many American collectors regard as 'classic' form for the Elric, Hawkmoon and Bastable books (along with a few other titles, mostly sf).
              These are also pretty cheap to pick up from American paperback dealers.
              But I put out the two uniform omnibus editions in the UK and the US just so that it would be possible for people to have at least the majority of the books in a uniform set and also be able to buy them at a reasonable price. These exist in the UK in hardback, trade paperback and mass market paperback editions. Obviously, the cheapest option is to buy them in mass market paperback. Not all are in print any longer, but they can probably all be bought pretty reasonably second hand.
              There was also a very nice set of Spanish Elrics and Corums done a few years back and a new set of Elrics, at two books per volume, should be coming out pretty soon in Spanish.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
              The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
              Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
              The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
              Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Thanks for taking time answering me. IT awsome if Elric will be republished again in spanish and hope it will be translated again, cause I read some E-book in in English and the are quite diferent, in their expresion.

PD: Hope to see the movie soon and i think i am not the only one who wouyd travel world wide for making as extra in the elric movie. :lol:

Comment

Yes i did the spanish one, and a few of the english one, this is why i know that some times thinks aren't well translatet, some times names changes, either Caos, balance and law isn't called the same in all books. Names transcription changes sometimes, and a lot more thinks. This all is because the one who translated the eight books arent the same. I am quiete expetctive since i heard it should come out again, i like those books a lot. Although i want both the english one and the spanish, i think sapnish is a quite beutyful languaje and enjoy reading and writing it a lot more than german and french.

Comment

that those books would be translated again and published as they sohould , would be GREAT :lol: , The book that i read where lend, if those book's where mine i would write ona a one al errors and msitakes, so you can have proofs of them, but to find those books in spanish ara al moste impsible and expensive, too expensive, i could ask my friend to send me again those books. I hope to have my owns soon.

Al best wishes for the elric movie, and to know i would like to be as an extra or sinple an adidtional worker lol. Hope that the movie will kick box ofices. Moonglأ¼m آ،ROCKS!

Comment

At least i have bought my first elric and eternal champion books in english, i hope to get they soon in my hands. Thanks for the help. I bought them in amazon.co.uk.

Thanks to evrybody for your help and kindness.

IN SPANISH IT WOULD BE,....

ARIOCH, ARIOCH, SANGRE Y ALMAS PARA MI SEأ‘OR!

Comment

Anyone know of Japanese translations of the book? I have some friends that are curious about it but do not read english.

Comment

Working...
                        X