Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

MM's Rather Peeved DVD Audio Commentaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Absolutely true. Diffring should have had the part in the first place, in my view, especially since he also had most of the best lines. I'd turned him into the intellectual voice of the thing, to explain the plot, and he was central to the story originally written. Of course, in the end, it still came down to fixed wing pterodactyls and erupting volcanoes, but there was enough of his part left to do something useful with.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
    And the guy who played the German sub commander was a bit snotty, believing himself too good for the part. Had to be overdubbed in the end. All in all, it's probably for the best I didn't say anything!
    Originally posted by IMDB Trivia
    German actor Anton Diffring dubbed John McEnery's voice as Captain von Schoenvort, allegedly because the producers felt McEnery had used a silly voice for the part.
    :)

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I doubt if Fuest would have encouraged them to have me on the DVD, given my feeling about him and it... :) I'd have been happy to be on Land that Time Forgot, though I didn't think much of John Dark, the producer. And the guy who played the German sub commander was a bit snotty, believing himself too good for the part. Had to be overdubbed in the end. All in all, it's probably for the best I didn't say anything!

Leave a comment:

• Marca
    replied
    Actually I did wonder whether you were ever approached to make a contribution (however small) to the DVD releases of The Final Programme or Land That Time Forgot. The Region 1 disc I have of FP has a commentary with Robert Fuest and Jenny Runacre...

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Yeah, I rather like that idea, too. I was much more disappointed in FP than LTTF, but then I had a lot more invested in FP...

Leave a comment:

• Marca
    started a topic MM's Rather Peeved DVD Audio Commentaries

MM's Rather Peeved DVD Audio Commentaries

I very much doubt Mike would ever have the time or inclination, but I have this amusing scenario in my head of him recording his own audio commentaries for the DVDs of The Final Programme and The Land That Time Forgot that could be played along as we watch them at home. We could hear his frustration as he details how they deviated from his original conceptions, share his despair at what ended up on the cinema screen etc. I'm joking, but I do like the idea
Working...
X