Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

MM Interviews & Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marca
    replied
    I've actually got two copies. My original from 1975, which is now falling apart at the seams, and a better condition one that I got off ebay from Michel Parry. I have to admit Mike's name didn't mean anything to me thirty years ago, it wasn't until about 4 or 5 years later that I started reading him.

And in that nice multiversal way, a couple of Mike's stories have appeared in Parry-edited anthologies.

Leave a comment:

• GuyLawley
    replied
    Excellent find, Aral. I think I once owned that large format ERB special edition thingy. I even vaguely remember Mike talking about the film people "buggering up" his and Cawthorn's script. I thought that was a very "out there" thing to get printed in a mainstream, newsagents' shelf publication aimed mainly at kids.

Mike was already a great favourite of mine by then.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Originally posted by Aral Vilsn
    demos, did you want to move it across to the interviews section.
    Your wish is my command. :)

LTTF interview is now in
    [link expired]

Leave a comment:

• Marca
    replied
    I've scanned and uploaded a 1975 interview with Mike about The Land That Time Forgot from a large format Edgar Rice Burroughs special. I had to scan it in two halves owing to the size and it's currently sitting in the Limbo gallery:

[link expired]

demos, did you want to move it across to the interviews section.

Somewhere I have an interview with Mike that appeared in 'Men's magazine' Club International the same year, but because of the source and the occasional frankness of the interview I wouldn't want to upload it without Mike's permission. That's assuming I can ever find it again.

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    Hey AndroMan,

I put copies of those files here to relieve your website of the traffic coming from here.

http://www.multiverse.org/modules.ph...ownload&cid=18

Originally posted by AndroMan
    Back in early 1988, I sent a list of questions to Mike, coincidentally, shortly before the publication of Mother London. Mike was kind enough to answer my questions on tape and sent them back to me.

17 years later, I've finally got round to transferring Mike's replies to MP3 and RealPlayer files and uploading them to cyberspace. Miscellany Chaos Engineers and Archivists, please take note. :)

Large Mp3 file (30.0mb):
    MM1988a1.mp3
    Not so large Mp3 File (13.6mb):
    MM1988b1.mp3
    Even smaller RealPlay File (7.7mb):
    MM1988c1.rm

If Mike sounds a bit tired on the recording, then it's most probably down to the dreaded Deadlines!

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Hmm. A flume of ideas, eh ? Are we back to references to stroking that python again ?

Leave a comment:

• GuyLawley
    replied
    Nice one. I was particularly impressed by Guy Haley's review of The Runestaff collection. Spot on.

But what must it have been like, I wonder, to have "existed as a flume of ideas"? Did existing on such a different plane inspire some of Mike's fiction? And how does one re-incarnate as a mere human being later? Perhaps Mike will tell us.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Okay, I wrenched the post-2001 SFX's out of my wife's clutches and found three more reviews (two for 'FtC') and an small iv with Mike re. TWWS and the Elric movie.

Same link as before plus [link expired]

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    I've uploaded some reviews from SFX magazine circa. 2001, as well as a small interview with Mike from the SFX Ultimate Fantasy Guide supplement. All my pre-2001 copies of SFX are in boxes somewhere and my wife is currently going through my post-2001 copies looking for Stargate SG1 articles (she's just started buying the DVD season box sets) but as soon as I get a chance I'll have a trawl through both to see if I can find anything else Moorcock related.

[link expired]

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    The Western behind Andrea's picture is The Lost Buckaroo, I think, and the picture above is a Masked Buckaroo mock-up by me. I think it was when I was thinking up the Second Ether stuff, Berry, as well as mulling over the MB, probably around the time I was writing or had just written Jerusalem Commands. The series in The Independent was called How We Met, I think, and usually pictures of both parties were taken together, but it wasn't possible for me and Andrea to get together for the same session.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    John G. Brandon, an Australian writer as I recall, and one of my favourites. Published a number of hardback crime stories in much the same style.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    The Victim of the Secret Service is a Sexton Blake Library. Nice cover by Eric Parker!

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Originally posted by AndroMan
    Back in early 1988, I sent a list of questions to Mike, coincidentally, shortly before the publication of Mother London. Mike was kind enough to answer my questions on tape and sent them back to me.
    :notworthy: Thanks a lot for uploading this 'interview', it's great to be able to hear Mike's thoughts on the questions you sent him. It must have been very exciting when you got the tape and were able to listen to it for the first time yourself. I'm glad you were able to share this with us.

And kudos to you for actually hanging on to the tape for all these years. :clap:

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied

17 years later, I've finally got round to transferring Mike's replies to MP3 and RealPlayer files and uploading them to cyberspace. Miscellany Chaos Engineers and Archivists, please take note. :)

Large Mp3 file (30.0mb):
    MM1988a1.mp3
    Not so large Mp3 File (13.6mb):
    MM1988b1.mp3
    Even smaller RealPlay File (7.7mb):
    MM1988c1.rm

If Mike sounds a bit tired on the recording, then it's most probably down to the dreaded Deadlines!

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied

I may have something relevant. I think I might have to check with The Man himself, Mike, since the physical reality of the artefact, a double sided `Scotch` cassette tape and about half its contents, probably still, really, belongs to him.

The other half of the contents probably belong to the estate of Ellis Hillman. I'll transcribe that part, if the estate agrees to let me have my review copy of Mother London, back (as originally agreed with Ellis). Or, I might turn it into something accessible, anyway. An UnderGround connection.

:)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X