Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

GARBLED LYRICS: THE FINAL CHAPTER!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DeepFixer
    Eternal Champion
    • Dec 2003

GARBLED LYRICS: THE FINAL CHAPTER!!!!!!

Hey Boss-Pard (and all the Pards what care):

I finally got a line on the lyrics for 'Good Girl, Bad Girl' that I couldn't understand.

Got myself a copy of Brian Tawn's Dude's Dreams: The Music of Micheal Moorcock. Lyrics galore!!

The second half of the verse goes:

''You're winsome and you're ladylike
    You're stoical and you own a bike . . .'' (I knew there was a 'bike' in there somewhere :D )

Winsome (adjective) 1 : generally pleasing and engaging often because of a childlike charm and innocence; 2 : CHEERFUL , GAY

I knew of the word, but never used it. It's in my General Vocabulary now!

Moorcock Music: Fun to Hear and Builds Your Word Power!
    Madness is always the best armor against Reality
  • DeepFixer
    Eternal Champion
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
    Oops. I hadn't even remembered that lyric was in DD!
    Oh, yeah, it's there.

Slightly deviates from the recorded, but then most lyric sheets do.

Well, some do, anyway.

Comment

• Michael Moorcock
      Site Host
      • Dec 2003

Certainly mine do. As you can also tell from listening to NWF and RCH!
      I'm notoriously bad at remembering my own lyrics.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

• dobah
        Nomad of the Time Streams
        • Jun 2004

cheers Deep Fixer

I thinks thats what I thought they were, I think it was latter in the song I couldn't undersatnd at all.
        Ain't got my LP player up and running to liten to it.
        I wouldn't use winsome, I think of it as being a bit pathectic ( like my speeling )

Is the book good is it worth getting a copy.

Love and Pax
        Dobah

Comment

• DeepFixer
          Eternal Champion
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
          Certainly mine do. As you can also tell from listening to NWF and RCH!
          I'm notoriously bad at remembering my own lyrics.
          Well, how long has it been since you've thought about them or listened to the songs? They were done twenty to thirty years ago!

Sure, you like your own songs, but you're not listening to them as frequently as WE do.

I was thinking more along the lines of CDs that have lyrics printed in the booklet but are slightly different, by one or two words, than the recorded versions on the disc.

Comment

• DeepFixer
            Eternal Champion
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by dobah
            I think so. It has some details that I didn't know about, but I think it's worth it just for the lyrics!

It's got a couple I'm not familiar with: 'Lou' and 'Another Quiet Day at Auschwitz,'; the stuff from 'The Entropy Tango,' which were printed (or most of were) in the book of the same title, and the Bأ–C and Hawkwind stuff, which can be found on their repsective websites.

But this is better because it's all in one easy to find place.

Comment

• David Mosley
              Eternal Administrator
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by dobah
              Most definitely. Aral Vilsn posted details of how to buy the book [link expired].
              _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
              _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
              _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
              _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Working...
              X