Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Lemmy is back in action!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemmy is back in action!

Lemmy must have got his hands on an exit visa, gumshoe.
    He was here in Cascadia and some how escaped!

Motorhead in The First Degree
    http://www.aural-innovations.com/iss.../action13.html

Summer finally arrived here. 90F and 93F and there I was
    buying two new London Fog Trench coats (black. white)
    and a hybrid umbrella. Like a cane Bat Masterson had.
    Silver globe handle. sorry no blade inside, but I am sure
    I can rattle a few teeth with this addition to my... er...
    dress style.

hope yer enjoying yer travels, and keep an eye peeled
    for that crafty Lemmy

-Action Man

Cool! 8) A good taster for Southampton on Nov. 23: I've my tickets for the last British date on the 30th anniversary tour. Motorhead are still firing on all cylinders by all accounts.
    \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

new DVD

Excellent. Word is that a 30th Anniversary DVD is in the works.
      I'm hoping it has the bomber. Maybe this is from the show in London
      a while ago?

Comment

Lemmy can also be seen in the latest Walkers Crisps TV advert in the UK...
        'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

UK viewers can see a documentary on Lemmy and Motorhead on Channel 4 on Monday, Live Fast Die Old. According to one TV magazine preview 'Lemmy is cracking on a bit at 57 but still manages to sink a bottle of bourbon a day'... 8O
          'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Comment

Nice one, Aral. I shall try to remember it's on!
            You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

I'll have to watch out for that one. The man has the constitution of an ox! :lol:
              \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Martin Stone said he'd heard there was a documentary or concert featuring Hawkwind on UK TV. Maybe it was the Motorhead prog.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

'Twas a good documentary.

The Lemster was in good humour, and the programme revealed some interesting insights. Namely:

* His dad was a vicar
                  * He's slept with over 2000 women (well, a bit more than slept)
                  * He's a lap-dancing club regular (perhaps no surprise there)
                  * He's a big fan of PG Wodehouse

He had some interesting things to say on fathers' roles in families - essentially that they're not really necessary.

As a dad that tries hard to do the right thing, I'm not sure we're all that redundant. But then I wonder how much Lemmy's childhood has influenced his outlook. And let's be honest, he has done well for himself - he lives the life he pleases, and hurts no one in doing so.

All in all, a very likeable and charismatic chap. Long live Lemmy.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve3
                    But then I wonder how much Lemmy's childhood has influenced his outlook.
                    Completely, I think. But whilst his views may sound feckless to many ears, at least they neutralise some of the sanctimonious attacks on single mothers allegedly being unable to raise children effectively.

I thought it was a bit sad that he didn't contact his son because he thought he might not be proud to have him as a father. I would!

His commitment to the band shone across, which showed why you get something way above the norm when you go to a Motorhead gig or buy an album.

I reckon he needs to sort his label out, though, because when I looked around for the last album 'Inferno' in the shops I had huge problems and eventually tracked it down at Virgin in Oxford St for آ£17. Bugger that! I bought a new sealed on from the States on ebay for a third of the price including postage.

We played it after the prog last night. My partner's sister and her family are visiting and her nephews (age 4 and 8 months) started jumping around on an air mattress like maniacs. Lemmy's future fan-base - we'll never let him retire!

Oh yes, and PG Wodehouse 8O
                    I've heard it said before, but the man's not quite what he seems...

Comment

I'm sure Mike's got some good Lemmy stories. Whether he'd be able to tell them is another matter... :D

Comment

I caught the second half of the documentary - good stuff. Lemmy is definitely a star.

Was there any mention of Hawkwind in the first half? I had heard that Dave Brock had recorded an interview for a Motorhead documentary...

I recently read Lemmy's autobiography, White Line Fever. Lots of tall tales and interesting happenings. I think Mike got a mention - I'll have to have another look. There was a good story about Bob Calvert, too, going on stage with a typewriter to produce some 'live poetry', but Lemmy said that he thought Calvert is over-rated. Odd, since he's virtually unkown these days!

Comment

Originally posted by CandyFlossCow
                          Was there any mention of Hawkwind in the first half? I had heard that Dave Brock had recorded an interview for a Motorhead documentary...
                          Unfortunately not. :( It was very much a contemporary (well, 2003) look at Motorhead today, rather than a trawl through the archives, which I think would have been nice, but I can understand why they decided just to concentrate upon the current line-up.

Still, Lemmy came across as a true anarchist. :)
                          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

So that means the Hawkwind prog that Mike mentioned is still to come?

Comment

I remain very fond of Lemmy. Good bloke. Tells some neat jokes, too.
                              Not at all like his image, in general. | think Lem thought Bob Calvert over-rated Calvert! Which is probably true! :)

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                              The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                              Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                              The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                              Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Working...
                              X