Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

13 years ago today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 years ago today...

This from a thread in Tanelorn ([broken link]My first contact with Michael Moorcock:
    Originally posted by demos99
    A few years later I had the good fortune to be able to go along to a reading Mike did for his (then) new Pyat novel (Jersualem Commands) - which was interrupted shortly after Mike started reading, by the Good Colonel himself, who then proceeded to read from his memoirs personally! A fabulous evening and I count myself lucky to have been there.
    Going through my MM books for the 'Dedications' entry for Moorcockopedia the other day, I discovered that the event I mentioned above took place on 23 July 1992, making today the 13th anniversary of when I met Mike in person. :)

[broken link]

[broken link]Link to full-sized image in Image Gallery

Wow, doesn't time fly?
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-08-2010, 11:24 AM.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Nice. I've never managed to meet Mike in person (the one chance I had 24 years ago I couldn't get to :( ). If that was my book I'd treasure it. I'm sure you do anyway.
    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

I'm HOPING to get over to England on publication of Vengeance of Rome to do a short tour. It depends mostly on how well I'm healing. If I can't make it in person, I'll try to organise some online event which will also let me sign bookplates for Vengeance.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Working...
      X