Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Dude's Dreams - The Music Of Michael Moorcock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude's Dreams - The Music Of Michael Moorcock

This is sort of a public service announcement for Moorcock fans. I'll leave it up to Berry to decide if he wants to leave it here or move it. The other week I got hold of a copy of the Dude's Dreams book off ebay. What I didn't realize at the time was that I'd bought it off the book's author Brian Tawn, who publishes Hawkfan. A bit of info here about Brian and Hawkfan here:

http://www.hawkwindmuseum.co.uk/hawkfan.htm

After an exchange of emails, I found out that Brian still has stocks of the book available at the original published price. He also continues to sell copies on ebay. Anyway, the whole point of this thread is to make people aware that the book is still available, as copies often go for quite high prices on ebay from other sellers. Brian is too modest to mention the book here himself, and in his own words 'didn't like the idea of using Mike's site for my benefit', so he left it up to me whether I wanted to mention it once I received my copy.

For those not aware, the book is a 106 page A5 sized bound paperback from 1997. As well as Brian's text detailing Mike's involvement in music over the years, lots of Mike's lyrics are reproduced and there are numerous great illustrations by Andreas Stuwe, plus some photos of Mike and a discography. Mike helped in the preparation of the book and has known Brian for many years.

If you are interested in getting a copy you can email Brian at [email protected] for details.

I thought the book was worthy of a mention; it makes a nice volume to sit on the shelf next to Jeff Gardner's Age Of Chaos
    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Many thanks for the heads up, AV. I saw a recent ebay auction for Dude's Dream the other week, but the price went beyond was I was prepared to pay for it, so I'll definitely drop Brian an email and arrange to buy a copy from him directly.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

For whatever my opinion's worth - I can highly recommend this book...
      "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl f'tagn"

Comment

Got my copy of Dude's Dreams this morning from Brian - which seeing as how I only actually sent the cheque off on Monday is extremely fast. Yep, as the two gentlemen above remark, this is an extremely nice collection of Mike's lyrics and potted history of Mike's musical projects over the years. Well worth آ£5.50 of anyone's money imo.
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Cool I'll hava to get me filthys mitts round one of them.

Comment

Working...
          X