Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Fireclown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jude
    Nomad of the Time Streams
    • May 2005

Fireclown

I've been reading through my copy of the Transformation of Miss Mavis Ming ('77 copyright notice) and I was wondering if the Fireclown in Transformation is the same Fireclown as in The Fireclown/Winds of Limbo. Are they, or are they merely similar? For that matter, is there much of a difference between the novella Constant Fire and Transformation?

Also, at some point in time when I was first starting to collect Mike's books (while on holiday, actually, I found the Dancers omnibus, in that glorious red Granada edition with Lord Jagged and his swan on the cover, which I read all afternoon on the beach, and then well into the night when I got back to where I was staying) I was in a second hand book store, and I seem to recall that there was another book, that wasn't Transformation of Fireclown/Winds of Limbo that claimed, in the blurb, to be a Fireclown novel. It only recently occurred to me that the Fireclown is only in two novels, and that this other book is merely a flight of fancy. Is there another Fireclown book?

I'm rather hoping there is, because I quite liked his character in Transformation.
  • Yisselda
    Eternal Companion
    • Jan 2004

Fireclown is in only 2 novels.

Comment

• Zoxesyr
      Wanderer of the Mittel March
      • Jan 2005

Fireclown is a major character in the two books you mention. However, he makes cameo appearances in the Jerry Cornelius series. Notably in the Embassy Ball, and on the trans-atlantic liner.

Comment

• Michael Moorcock
        Site Host
        • Dec 2003

Yes, Bloom the Fireclown has only been in two books at full strength, as it were. I brought him back because I thought he'd make a natural suitor for the repressed Mavis... :)

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
        The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
        Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
        The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
        Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

• HellHound
          Working The Chaos Clock
          • Dec 2003

speaking of the fire clown....

When it comes time to die
          Sing your death song
          and die like a warrior.

http://www.aliensurgeon.com

Comment

• Jude
            Nomad of the Time Streams
            • May 2005

Bit of a pity, it'd be great if there was more about Mr Bloom. I'm especially interested about the baking competition cup.

Comment

• HellHound
              Working The Chaos Clock
              • Dec 2003

Careful upon returning home pard,
              there be a bigfoot in them there parts:

http://www.texasbigfoot.com/events5.html
              When it comes time to die
              Sing your death song
              and die like a warrior.

http://www.aliensurgeon.com

Comment