Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Whither Mirenburg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whither Mirenburg?

This may seem like a dense question but: does/did Mirenburg, or Wأ¤ldenstein for that matter, really exist?

I've tried looking both up, but can't find hide nor hair of 'em.
    Madness is always the best armor against Reality

They are fantastic.

Also, Mittelmarch is not a real German limbo or fantasy land.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
      They are fantastic. ...
      Yes, and so's Praha! I've just been for the first time (on business) and I can't wait to go back!

Ciao,
      Ant

Comment

For me it is a combination of Old Prague, Salzburg and Baden-Baden, the exclusive spa.
        Prague is closest because of her Czech, German and Jewish culture-mix, and being nearly at the intersection of the mighty Prussian, Russian and Austro-Hungarian interest zones (in 19th century politics).
        Google ergo sum

Comment

It's not that I have no life, and spend my time searching the archive to distract myself from the yawning chasm of emptiness that is human existence, but:

[broken link]

:D
          Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 11:21 AM.
          "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Mmm... Maybe that was at the back of my mind, Dee.

Nice pilsner in Praha too!

Ciao,
            Ant

Comment

Ah!

So just another City That Never Was like Oz, the Twin Cities of Helium and Los Angeles.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
                Yes, mostly based on Prague. Really an attempt to produce an ideal middle European city!
                Ya had me believing!

Guess I'll have to cancel my 'Mirenburg-Follow in the EC's Footsteps' holiday reservations.

Comment

Working...
                X