Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Give Mike 3 reasons why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give Mike 3 reasons why

he should move to your state (or country). Inspired by his current accomodations.

I'll start: Mike needs to live to upstate New York, where we'll take care of ya!

Adirondack mountains.
    Hudson River.
    Within easy commuting distance to all the Chaos you're likely to crave.

;)

I can't think of a single reason why Mike should move to Worcester.

Comment

Three reasons for which Mike should move yourself to State of Pernambuco, Brazil::idea:
      1 - Our people is very hospitable and we love to receive foreigners;
      2 - Our popular culture is very rich and Mike would like it very much (perhaps he could be influenced by it and he could incorporate it in your books;
      3 - Mike is a very good writer and your books would be liked very much here.
      :)
      Rita.

Comment

Why would anyone want to move to Dorset? Think, brain, think... No, sorry. The only good thing about this place is PJ Harvey, and she's got all of those tours to keep her from having to spend too much time around these here parts. It's a poop-hole, really.
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Nonsense, Dee! Here -

(1) Kimmeridge Bay
          (2) Bovington Tank Museum
          (3) Monkey World
          aaand..
          (4) Dee's House

There you go... :D

Comment

*.... and like lemmings, they all started packing their bags and began the long journey to New York, land of beer and pizza, knowing way deep down it just had to be better than here... *

Comment

Mike needs to stay in Texas because:

We can't lose any more people like he and Linda in this sometimes maddeningly yee-haw part of the country.

He has strongly influenced a strong literary community here.

Misery loves company :lol:

Comment

I love Colorado. It's neat.

However, it looks like I'm moving to Hell. (You heard it here first.) Now, this is not literal Hell, for I am a good Christian and wiill be going to Heaven, God willing. But it seems I'm needed in Palm Springs, California.

There are reasons for Mike to move to California.

1. Proximity to movie-making, so with some help we can actually get Elric out of preproduction purgatory.

2. It is both hotter and cooler than Texas.

3. Fewer Texans.

4. I actually know where to go eat (except for those nasty fishy chips).

5. See it before it sinks into the ocean.

6. Closer to the Courts of Chaos (Sacramento).

7. Freeways! Miles and miles and miles of freeways! Learn to shoot your fellow commuters! Just like Texas!

8. The House of Blues, the Baked Potato, Universal Ampitheater, the Hollywood Bowl, Disneyland, Roscoe's Waffles and Fried Chicken, the Ventura Theater (concerts and worth the drive), Pink's, Tommy's, and the Grauman's Chinese.

9. As much sweet, sweet air pollution as you could need.

10. LAX to get you out of there as needed.
                Miqque
                ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Comment

1. Beer
                  2. O'Hagan's sausages
                  3. More beer.
                  \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

just can't single out three of a million reasons :D

Comment

I can't speak for all of Oregon, so I'll stick with Portland which is nearly part of Washington anyhoo.

1. http://www.powells.com/ A "city of books" so big that we're all starting to think of them as corporate ogres and trying one of the millions of other independent sellers across the street first.

2. Probably as many cheap taco stands as Austin with considerably fewer rednecks. The whole state's blue, but Portland is more like azure.

3. Nearby: Columbia Gorge, Willamette River, Multnomah Falls, Oswald State Park, Oregon Coast, Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helens, and Forest Park (the largest forest in a city in the U.S.)
                      My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Oregon... pronounced Ore - eh - gun, not Ore-eh-GONE... (they haven't GONE anywhere!) ;)

i get to speak to people all over the US, and the accents and phrases and such are so cool to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Poetgrrl
                          Oregon... pronounced Ore - eh - gun, not Ore-eh-GONE... (they haven't GONE anywhere!) ;)

i get to speak to people all over the US, and the accents and phrases and such are so cool to learn.
                          Since that's the case you'll probably enjoy this quiz: http://www.blogthings.com/amenglishdialecttest/

My Bing Crosbyesqe completely NW accent (born in Seattle) breaks down as this:

85% General American English
                          5% Midwestern
                          5% Upper Midwestern
                          5% Yankee
                          0% Dixie

Which is why "White Christmas" sold so many, many copies, and is so very, very white.[/url]
                          My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Your Linguistic Profile:
                            65% General American English
                            25% Dixie
                            10% Yankee
                            0% Midwestern
                            0% Upper Midwestern

I jest luv them quizzy thangs ... dude.
                            Miqque
                            ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Comment

ok, I'm french and I llive in spain but LSN once made a comment about the way I speak english....that somehow appears to be grounded:

45% general american english
                              35% yankee
                              20% dixie 8O :oops: :lol:

Comment

Working...
                              X