Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Zenith The Albino strikes again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zenith The Albino strikes again

Are there any images of Zenith the Albino (precursor, as it were, of that other topical Albino) in the Image Gallery?

I have been looking but not found any, but the gallery is now so vast, one might wander its halls until the Heat Death Of The Universe and never get bored... but also not find the pics you could have sworn were in there somewhere!

If not, I have some I can upload, old Eric Parker Sexton Blake covers and so on.

Should there perhaps be a new album in Covers and Pages, Miscellaneous?

[link expired]
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Did Zenith have a arch-enemy, like Moriaty to Holmes, or Gaynor to Elric?

If so, was he called Nadir?

Ciao,
      Ant

Comment

Aha!

Cunningly hidden away on... page 2.

Who would ever have thought to look for him there?

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Comment

Canآ¨t seem to log in easily from here. So this is a quick one. Savoy has a bunch of good Zenith pictures but it would be nice to see some of those Parker covers, Guy. I wonder if the vogue for albinoes all comes from Zenith via me ? Be ironic if Skene is going to be more famous dead than alive. Zenith did have an arch enemy of course -- it was Sexton Blake himself. Zenith was the enemy -- one of many, in fact, of the worldآ´s greatest detective (a claim challenged by Sherlock Holmes, so I heard...).
          Excuse brevity. Still stuck in the internet caff!

Comment

Originally posted by Guest
            .... Still stuck in the internet caff!
            M? Steeplechasing again? Stumblechewer?
            Google ergo sum

Comment

... Zenith did have an arch enemy of course -- it was Sexton Blake himself. Zenith was the enemy ...
              Thanks for clearing that up, Mike (if it is indeed you!)! I plainly know less about Zenith than I should. :oops:

But it makes me think... which is Elric?

Mvh,
              Ant

Comment

Canآ¨t seem to log in easily from here. So this is a quick one. Savoy has a bunch of good Zenith pictures but it would be nice to see some of those Parker covers, Guy. I wonder if the vogue for albinoes all comes from Zenith via me ? Be ironic if Skene is going to be more famous dead than alive. Zenith did have an arch enemy of course -- it was Sexton Blake himself. Zenith was the enemy -- one of many, in fact, of the worldآ´s greatest detective (a claim challenged by Sherlock Holmes, so I heard...).
                Excuse brevity. Still stuck in the internet caff!
                Given that our Image gallery has all those lovely scans from the Savoy book, I think I'll rest on my own laurels here and direct you to a page of my JTS site, where a number of Parker covers and drawings can be found:

http://www.jacktrevorstory.co.uk/new_page_15.htm

Several Zeniths here, some of which are also to be seen in the Savoy book, but I had the luxury of scanning in colour, so worth a second look.

Great to see old Sexton Blake get a second wind as Seaton Begg in your oeuvre, Mike.

Actually third wind in a way, as he had the dubious honour of being incarnated as "Victor Drago" in Fleetway's Tornado comic (1979).

http://www.jacktrevorstory.co.uk/non-jts_blake.htm

Excellent 4-page article on Blake in the latest issue of Judge Dredd: The Megazine, strangely enough. JTS is mentioned several times, I'm glad to say (and that obscure Moorcock cove too). Also a Bryan Talbot interview.

Mike, would you like a copy of the Dredd mag? I'm pretty sure it is still on sale.

It implies that "Victor Drago" was a necessary last-minute re-naming because Fleetway had sold the rights to Blake, but didn't realise it 'til the eleventh hour!

Comment

I wonder if the vogue for albinoes all comes from Zenith via me ? Be ironic if Skene is going to be more famous dead than alive.
                  I'm very interested in the creative gestation that mashes various influences together and comes up with something new for a particular genre, like Elric... Conscious or not, it's fascinating.
                  'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Hi, Guy,
                    Still in the sleazy caff with the other cyberheads so am limited to what I can say and canآ´t sign in as myself. Iآ´d love a copy of the Dredd piece.
                    Always nice to see Blake coming up for a new generation! Iآ´m still in Majorca, until the end of this month.
                    Thanks, pard!
                    As ever,
                    Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X