Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Yes, No? Where, When, How? Discuss...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, No? Where, When, How? Discuss...

Check out the Monthly Survey on the Home page and put your two cents worth in... :idea:

Considering how spread out our forum base is, maybe try and set them up in various locations. Like a US one and a UK one.

Comment

Sorry to seem sceptical, but I think probably one on the West Coast, one on the East Coast, one in UK and one in Central or Southern Yurp is closer to reality. Remember also that members' income differs a lot and hence their means to sacrifice a free day or two and to travel.
      Unless of course you all want to come and help me pick cherries in about a month ...!
      Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
        ... Unless of course you all want to come and help me pick cherries in about a month ...!
        Sounds good! Can we all get stoned afterwards? :lol:

Mfg,
        Ant

Comment

I assume we'll all be meeting at Berry's house...
          Don\'t blame me; I voted for Trixitroxi Ro!

Comment

Ant: Why wait?

duggm: How about your server room?
            The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
              Ant: Why wait?
              I haven't any cherries here...

Ciao,
              Ant

Comment

Cherry-stones-stoned or conventional? I can check what else grows in the garden. This is Bavaria's main hop cultivating area and full of beer gardens, so there are alternatives, you know.

But back to the topic, some of the MWM members live as far as Italy, Scandinavia, Hungary and even Russia, Ukraine and Turkey, so that UK as the only European place to meet is only an option if one can get really cheap flights (usually London) plus affordable accomodation. But of course we'd all like to have you Brits take us a guided tour for us to all the places we read about in the Pyat books and Jerry Cornelius series, with on the spot readings from "Mother London" etc., very enticing.
                Google ergo sum

Comment

I must admit, there is a strange sense of poetic justice in the idea of a bunch of Michael Moorcock fans, meeting up to drink foaming steins of bier and eat wurst mit sauerkraut in Munich Beer Halls whilst discussing Colonel Pyatt, Elric and Jerry Cornelius!

Quite tempting! :D

Comment

He (MM) did so himself in 1987 when invited by the British Council ...!
                    Maybe the choice of food was other than you suggested.

Best, by the way, is either August when all's easy-going, very hot and the skirts short, or for the gourmets among you, the asparagus season (until late May).
                    Filmfest time is also fun, end of June, town's milling with actresses and actors and directors (mostly accessible unlike Cannes), but usually rainy.
                    Google ergo sum

Comment

Mmm... short skirts or asparagus... how could one choose?

One factor... how do hotel prices and availability vary during the year?

Mfg,
                      Ant

PS. I was trying to make a pun about getting stoned... sorry, it's my English sense of humour again...

PPS. With all those cherries and hops, do you have anything like Kriek?

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
                        Mmm... short skirts or asparagus... how could one choose?
                        One factor... how do hotel prices and availability vary during the year?

Mfg,
                        Ant
                        Hotel prices don't vary much as Munich and Bavaria are always full of visitors, could find you reasonable places though. The ski resorts and places in the lakes area are bound to have seasonally different rates.

Originally posted by Ant
                        PS. I was trying to make a pun about getting stoned... sorry, it's my English sense of humour again...
                        And it wasn't all lost on me, either A gentleman just doesn't go much into details about the various methods ...

Originally posted by Ant
                        PPS. With all those cherries and hops, do you have anything like Kriek?
                        Had to look up what you mean. No, I don't think we have that. They have a "Purity Law" here dating from the Middle Ages concerning their holy "liquid gold" that determines all allowed and unallowed ingredients. But of course everybody's free to concoct his/her own wonder potion at home. And your luggage won't be checked if you want to import some, hehehe.
                        I'm not much of a beer drinker myself, more given to Tuscan wines or Single Malts from Islay.

And MfG to you , too!
                        L'Etranger

PS. And to make it all more hospitable: my daughter keeps a rat! (read your "About me ...")
                        Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
                          duggm: How about your server room?
                          The BBQ might set off the halon... But I'm willing to risk it!
                          Don\'t blame me; I voted for Trixitroxi Ro!

Comment

I've met a lot of fun people with similar interests at the book-signings I've been to, and on this web-site. I envision a casual get-together, where drinks are served, games and music are played; whatever. And, it'd be great if Mike himself were physically there or could say hi via video conference. eh? 8) just a thought(pipedream) :idea: ...would take an effort to organize, etc. ( ALL provided Mike's approval, of course.)
                            \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Comment

I've got a vague idea about a PX1 Launch party....

Comment

Working...
                              X