Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Logo Design Poll Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo Design Poll Ends

The logo design contest has ended and the small amount of participants have decided that Ant's submission is most popular.

[broken link]

Since Mike's image is a part of it, and the entire site is affected by the presence of this logo, I have presented the logo to Mike, via email, as a suggestion from the readers. Since Mike is out of town and it could be some time before he gets a look at it, we all will have to realize that it may be some time before the logo changes.

Thanks to everyone for participating in this project, and there were great submission to be considered. Congratulations to Ant for the winning submission!
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-24-2010, 05:32 AM.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

I am overcome. I hope Mike likes it!

Gr.,
    Ant

PS. You know, since the polls started, I've found a font I think works much better, it's much more... Moorcockian. It's Tribal Two. (The encumbent font is Viner Hand.)

Comment

While that font is cooler, it's very distracting. I feel it would have affected voting. Let's stick with the current font, if you don't mind.
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
        ...I feel it would have affected voting...
        Well, we'll never know... unless, of course, we have another poll... aaargh!

OK, it stays as is.

Now... let's see what Mike says...

Gr.,
        Ant

Comment

Congratulations, Ant. Well done. :)
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Congrats, Ant!

L'Etranger
            Google ergo sum

Comment

Excelent! Well done, Ant! :D

Comment

Cheers, Ant! Congrats on an excellent masthead.

I've just noticed that the main aqua-blue color works well with the blue trim of the default site theme. Sweet.
                "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Congratulations. :)

I was worried for a while that Bush might get in again... :(
                  "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
                    I've just noticed that the main aqua-blue color works well with the blue trim of the default site theme. Sweet.
                    Quite by accident! I can't see that: I'm trapped in subSilver - nothing else appears in the drop-down menu for Board Style in my profile... (Why?!)

All: Thanks!!!

Cheers,
                    Ant

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
                      I am overcome. I hope Mike likes it!

Gr.,
                      Ant

PS. You know, since the polls started, I've found a font I think works much better, it's much more... Moorcockian. It's Tribal Two. (The encumbent font is Viner Hand.)
                      Congratulations, Ant, for your good work!
                      I believe Mike is going to like it!
                      Rita.

Comment

That's lovely, Ant.

Mind those blimps don't spike their envelopes on one of those pointy buildings, though.

>pfffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttt!<

Comment

Originally posted by Perdix
                          >pfffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttt!<
                          Or perhaps, kabooooom?
                          "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                          --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Nice one! I like this logo, very cool.

Comment

I hate to say this, but having messed around with web graphics for some time, I think it looks a bit amateurish. It's cool in some ways and would be good for a fan site (even for a serious one) but not for the official homepage, really. :roll: No offence. (Not that I expect this to turn any heads.)

I see nothing wrong with the current logo other than that it's a bit too big (that can be fixed) and somewhat bland. It's "bookish" and fits the minimalistic theme and emphasis on content. It's more like what I expect to see when thinking of an author's site.

BTW: The poll didn't get that many votes compared to the general traffic on this site. That means the choice is based on the opinion of a small group of devotees, while the occasional visitor might see things differently (he might even mistake the place for a fan site). That's why I think we should wait, frankly, for better nominees to come up.

Comment

Working...
                              X