Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Now this I would like to have...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now this I would like to have...

OK it doesn't really belong in Q&A, but more people are likely to see it here:

Byzantium Endures ebay auction

I'd need a lottery win though... :(
    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

8O

Bah! Not something I'll ever have then.

:x

H.
    Hapimeses.com

Comment

Working at a bookstore (as I am currently) we sometimes get those uncorrected advance copies of stuff. I'm hoping to see a preview edition of The White Wolf's Son - but I'm not gonna hold my breath ;-) We have no control over what we get - and since the store has only ordered 3 copies, it probably won't happen..
      Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

While I would appreciate those copies...

There is something that seems ungracious about selling those, especially for such a high price. Since I presume they had to be, originally, a gift from either Mike or the editor, someone is making a great deal of money off of someone else's generosity. That doesn't quite seem right to me.

Unless, of course, Mike gave it to someone in hopes of them making a tidy sum of money from it. Good for them, if that's the case, especially if they get even that opening price.

Comment

Wow. I notice nobody has bid for it yet though.

Comment

Working...
          X