Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Logo Design Poll

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo Design Poll

This poll will end on the 23rd. Late entries will be allowed, but that means they will get voted on late and may not accumulate the expected amount of votes.

At this point, everyone's comments on which logo should be chose can commence. Have fun!
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Entry #1

[broken link]

Entry #2

[broken link]
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-24-2010, 05:27 AM.
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Entry #3

[broken link]
      Last edited by Rothgo; 04-24-2010, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Entry #4

[broken link]
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Entry #5

[broken link]
          "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Entry #6

[broken link]

Comment

Entry #7

Comment

May the best logo win!
                The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Really, really tough to make a choice. I'm going to jump in with both feet and vote for Ant's, although I think all the logos have something to recommend them. I like the ones which feature the book covers, because they bring back happy memories of browsing bookstores and turning up titles for the first time, I like PWV's spare design which is similar to what we have at the moment, Dee's cartoon logo is nice too.

However, I'm going with Ant because I think it succintly sums up Mike and his work - London, his birthplace and spiritual home intersecting with the fantasy spires, the air ships so on. It highlights the multiversal aspect of Mike's work in a very visual and atmospheric way.

Good work all round guys 8)
                  'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

I don't know if it's apparent, but at the top of this page is a new poll. Please cast your vote by selecting the entry number and click on submit.

Comment

They're all great. I've voted for Ant's though. Maybe, the font could do with a little tweaking and the filesize could come down a tad, but it's a lovely piece of work.

:)

Comment

I voted for number six. The picture of Tanelorn with the blimps over it got to me.

Comment

I think all of the designs are good in their way. Choosing between them is difficult. The current totals between Etive's and Ant's designs reflect that.

I wouldn't be opposed to cycling through the top 2 selections, if their vote totals are very close.

LSN

Comment

I'm going to send an email to all the members (Threads: Vol. X Iss. X The Sporadic Information Burst) (like the new title?). I'll invite everyone to participate.

Comment

Ah, the vote.

While appreciate all of the time and effort that went into the craftmanship of all of the entries, I tend to go for the non-animated logos since I use dial-up and have my picture rendering turned off to load the pages faster, so the animations just don't show up unless I feel like wait 12 hours for the pages to load properly.

But all of the entries are creative and I enjoyed watching them all. Good show, lads and ladies!

Best,

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X