Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

New Worlds 191 For Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Worlds 191 For Auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Thanks to all of you bidding on these items. Michael Moorcock, Langdon Jones, Graham Charnock, Brian W. Aldiss, J. G. Ballard and M. John Harrison all make appearances in this Jones edited Moorcock assisted edited 191.

I hope you all find it an interesting auction item.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Glad to see these auctions seem to be going well Berry. I have all the New Worlds issues that have been put up so far, but I'm looking forward to seeing what other material you have in store for ebay as the weeks go on. :) Can you drop any hints...
    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

HINT #1: DVD

HINT #2: Something a rat has partially eaten

HINT #3: NW number increase from here

HINT #4: Comics anyone?

Thank you all for your bids and continued interest
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
        That wouldn't be a Ladbroke Grove rat, by any chance? ;)
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
          Hmmm. Now that is intriguing... :?
          'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Special thanks to Ken Boorman for the outstanding compliment in the comments portion. This will be helpful for future auctions.

Comment

Yer more than welcome :)

Ken
              Ken Boorman
              Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

Working...
              X