Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

finding material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finding material

first of all i would like to say that i have enjoyed reading the material that i've read by mm greatly,my unfortunate situation is this;i can't seem to find mr moorcocks material as easily as i would like,our local libraries don't carry all of his works(i understand that might be difficult).i am also in need of a list. when i'm looking for his works it is difficult to know exactly what i am looking for.a chronilogical list would be helpful to me so that i would be able to look for series.mr moorcock,thank you for the material you have wrote(that i've been able to find).

The White Wolf editions contain pretty good lists of most of what I've writtenat least up until the time the series was discontinued. Otherwise there are quite a few bibliographies on the net and a trawl through the Q&A will turn up some sites you might like to visit.
    Good luck!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

I have only recently discovered Michael Moorcock's books. I have greatly enjoyed Elric of Melnibone, Corum and am currently reading The Eternal Champion.
      The Prince With The Silver Hand, was my next choice to read. Does anyone know where a copy may be obtained? My local bookstore in London, have it on order for me, but tell me it is to be reprinted. I have searched the shelves in most large bookshops in the West End too, but with no success. Please, if anyone knows of a reliable source for the Eternal Champion novels, can you let me know.

Cypher

Comment

If you are in London, then your best bet would be looking in New Worlds (in a basement under Murder One in Charing Cross Road), or in Forbidden Planet (new Oxford St...although I think they are opening a new store in Shaftsbury Avenue). These both seem to have a good selection of Mike's work, New World's also has imports and secondhand stock.

hope this helps,
        IanM

Comment

M.M. for-sale list available.

Dear all,

Having seen our name mentioned in several Q. & A. threads, in relation to people who're struggling to track down certain hard-to-find titles, we thought we should let you know that we have a large collection of M.M. books and magazines for sale -- several hundred items -- including a lot of first editions, the "Eternal Champion" omnibuses, some of the scarcer 'New Worlds' issues, etc., plus many other more (and less) obscure items... a pretty all-encompassing list.

Anyone interested in receiving a full list of all items for sale -- or if you have specific wants -- please feel free to e-mail us at:-

[email protected]

Thanx & best,

John Davey,
          For and On Behalf of Jayde Design.

Comment

Originally posted by IanM
            If you are in London, then your best bet would be looking in New Worlds (in a basement under Murder One in Charing Cross Road), or in Forbidden Planet (new Oxford St...although I think they are opening a new store in Shaftsbury Avenue). These both seem to have a good selection of Mike's work, New World's also has imports and secondhand stock.

hope this helps,
            IanM
            Just want to say thanks for your suggestion of Murder One. I went there today and managed to find the title I was after, and other Morecock titles too. Seems a good place for hard to find books.

Comment

My guess is that you could also order stuff through New Worlds at Murder One. I think Jayde supply them. I share some peoples' preference for liking to look at the books I'm buying first, but I'd suspect Jayde would be a little bit cheaper, as are Amazon for that matter. Their price on The Skrayling Tree which, for various reasons, hasn't been available in the UK seems to me to be pretty good.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
              The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
              Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
              The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
              Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

I posted a list over in the "Books" section of this forum. Its a newbie guide to the Eternal Champion that I originally created for some friends who didn't know where to start. its not offical like the order that Mr. M. published the omnibuses in, but I think if you are collecting old paperbacks from your local used books stores and www.abe.com, it might be a useful guide. It is here:

[broken link]
                Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X