Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Call for volunteers to be interviewed online for a thesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call for volunteers to be interviewed online for a thesis

Hello all,

I am currently working on the basis of a future thesis. The topic of the thesis will probably be something like “Taxonomy of Internet tools for prosumers�.

In case you are not familiar with the concept of prosumers, it was coined by Alvin Toffler in the 80s from pro(ducers) and (con)sumers. Therefore, it refers to consumers who get, to a certain extent, involved in the production of what they consume.

I reckon Internet, through tools such as this board, allowing readers (consumers) to interact (thus getting directly involved in the production) with their favorite authors is a good starting point to evaluate how pertinent these concepts are. So I decided to run an exploratory phase on this topic.

As a consequence, I am looking for people who visit and post on such boards to see what their motivations are, if they are conscious of the part they can play in influencing the author, etc…

So that you know what I’ll be asking you, the interviews will probably last about 30-40 minutes, via IRC or any instant messenger and will be semi-structured: only a few guidelines, you will only be oriented towards the topics I’d like you to discuss but you will remain free from talking of whatever you want to say on the topics.

As you might guess, I chose this board because I am also a fan of Mike, even though I have only read (yet!) the Elric series and the Von Bek series.

I kindly received authorization from Mr. Sizemore to post this request and he was also kind enough to be interviewed.

If you are willing to be interviewed, please contact me by leaving a message on this thread or directly by an email or an ICQ/MSN Messenger message (everything is in my profile).

If you are available during the week-end, please choose the desired time you’d like to be interviewed and I will adapt.

During the week, I need to plan things and even though I have few time restrictive activities, there are some hours at which I cannot be available. Therefore, some preliminary talk might be needed to plan things so that I don’t waste your time.

This is true.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

I kindly received authorization from Mr. Sizemore to post this request and he was also kind enough to be interviewed.
      'Benevolent' is more suitable than 'kind' to qualify his attitude. :D

Comment

bren,

I thought you might find these two threads very interesting. It's direct evidence that the existence of the site affects Mike.
        [link expired]
        Last edited by Reinart der Fuchs; 04-21-2010, 11:53 AM.
        The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Here's another thread, involving possible inconsistencies in the Elric books, that may influence future revisions of the series (check out Mike's comments):

[expired link]
          Last edited by Reinart der Fuchs; 04-21-2010, 11:53 AM.
          'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

if mortgage plan and G:ROW:BIG:G:E:R claim to be members of this board, don't believe them.

Comment

To Berry and Aral Vilsn:

Thank you for pointing these threads out.
              They are indeed manifest pieces of evidence that through interaction you can have an influence on Mike and his work.

To mordenkainen:
              Thank you for warning me. Fortunately, I haven't been contacted by these individuals.

Comment

Working...
              X