Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

New Moorcock Musical.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Anonymous

New Moorcock Musical.

I've heard that one of Moorcock's early works is to be made into a Bollywood film.His 'The golden Barge' is being given the lively Indian treatment.The only change to the story is that the title is now 'The Golden Barji'. :lol:
  • xidrep
    Champion of the Balance
    • Nov 2004

Groan!

Comment

• Mikey_C
      Champion of the Balance
      • May 2004

I'm looking forward to The Champion of Garam-masala! :lol:
      \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

• Theocrat
        Eternal Companion
        • Dec 2003

Whats with this 'Bollywood' craze anyway?
        I don't mind traditional exotic indian music though.
        The Sitar is cool. You can also reproduce the effects on e-guitar through an echo effect..

Comment

• Theocrat
          Eternal Companion
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by TheAdlerian
          Indian music---is rock music in my opinion. The are some groups that make electronic Indian music. It always gets me going.
          Just wait until you hear Arabian speed metal!

Comment

• Theocrat
            Eternal Companion
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by TheAdlerian
            Is there such a thing or are you joking?
            No there is a band called "Magnum Jihad"..
            Of course i'm joking..
            :lol:

Comment

• xidrep
              Champion of the Balance
              • Nov 2004

It's a thought.

I'd like to get some fusion going with Industrial and the Mongolian Morinxuur, backed by Xoomi mouth-music.

Sadly, it would sound like doggydoos.

Comment

• Mikey_C
                Champion of the Balance
                • May 2004

Originally posted by Theocrat
                Simple - the Indian film industry was in a bit of crisis, not making enough money at home - so what to do? Export the product and promote it in the West! Worked a treat. Even Andrew Lloyd Blubber cashed in on it.

PS Before it got hip, though, did anyone see Sam Fox's Bollywood version of 'Touch Me, I want to feel your body'? That's about as close you're likely to get to a Hawkwind connection (a Bollywood version of Sam Fox singing 'Silver Machine' would be just too mind-blowing!)
                \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

• Theocrat
                  Eternal Companion
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mikey_C
                  Originally posted by Theocrat
                  Simple - the Indian film industry was in a bit of crisis, not making enough money at home - so what to do? Export the product and promote it in the West! Worked a treat. Even Andrew Lloyd Blubber cashed in on it.

PS Before it got hip, though, did anyone see Sam Fox's Bollywood version of 'Touch Me, I want to feel your body'? That's about as close you're likely to get to a Hawkwind connection (a Bollywood version of Sam Fox singing 'Silver Machine' would be just too mind-blowing!)
                  "Ohhh the Humanity!!!"

Comment

• Michael Moorcock
                    Site Host
                    • Dec 2003

There was a Woolworth's cover version done on an LP -- remember those 'Twelve Great Hits of 1649' type albums ? It came close to a Sam Fox Bollywood version. My enthusiasm is for movies like Devda, which use colour and light in imaginative ways. I might be prepared to add a musical sequence in which Elric breaks into song in the middle of a gigantic battle scene. If Roy Rogers could do it, so can we.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

• GuyLawley
                      Champion of the Balance
                      • Aug 2004

Absolutely.

Just as Ian Hendry and June Ritchie, as Albert and Treasure, go into the Dance Of The Consumer Durables towards the end of Live Now, Pay Later.

Works for me.

“I have tragically killed my cousin / lover with this unfeasibly large sword and now I must express my feelings through the medium of frenetic dance…�

Comment

Working...
                      X