Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

New Worlds 176 Auctioned to Benefit New Worlds Authors Fund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Worlds 176 Auctioned to Benefit New Worlds Authors Fund

Dear readers,

Mike Moorock, your gracious host has gone all out for us. That's right, he's picked up the tab. For the first time in multiverse.org's 9 years Mike has donated $274.20 worth of web hosting to us. Our contract with Axign.com is for a full year of service. This service also ensures the existence of Fantastic Metroloplis, our sister publication, for the next year as well. The donation of web hosting was distributed from New Worlds Authors Fund, a fund to which many of you have made donations to by bidding and winning auctioned publications from Mike's private stash of goodies. I haven't touched the cash. Mike purchased the web hosting and paid by check.

The well is dry. We need to fill it up. I have in my possesion many interesting publications that I have hoarded (not collected, I'm not a collector you see) and I am ready to auction those off to the highest bidder. Mike has a number of publications ready and at hand, so let's begin the madness.

I do mean madness. We are going to use ebay as our auctioning mechanism. Check out the current item on the block:

New Worlds 176
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6959248991

This issue was given to me as gift by Mike in 1999. It was our original intent to scan it and post it at the New Worlds site one day. It's a turing world, wot? This auction lasts for a week.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

That's very gracious of Mike to pay to host a site for his fans. There are surely countless other sites online where the fans have to pay the way themselves. Nice to have you receive a break in your expense account to Berry. Now maybe you can look into cheap DSL?
    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

We have something better going with Axign. The guy is a security genius and is very generous.
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Thank you Mike for your most generous gesture. Let's all get behind things now and make sure all the items put up by multiverse1 reach respectable levels.

Ken (lisas_lair at eBay)
        Ken Boorman
        Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

Michael, you are truly a gentleman and a prince amongst humans! Thank you very much.

And Berry, thank you for being the master mechanic!

-M.
          Miqque
          ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Comment

Thanks Mike and Berry for this site. I really enjoy it.

cheers,
            Rob

Comment

Thanks very much for such an awesome site!

Comment

Working...
              X