Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

michael reading in leedes uk early 90's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• michael reading in leedes uk early 90's

hi there
    i wonder if mike or anyone else can help me out here...
    i saw mike reading at waterstones in leeds i think sometime around 91 or 92 and id love to know just what was being read!!!
    mike was interrupted by an actor heckling from the back!!! he signed all our first editions (treasured possesions!!!) and commented he hadnt seen stealer of souls for ages!!!
    cheers... mistermark x

Who is, michael reading?

Comment

I think Mike did a series of readings at Waterstones stores across the UK around that time. I remember seeing him in Bath about then, and I too remember him doing a reading. Buggered if I can remember what it was either.
      I also took along some books for him to sign, along with the first three Millenium hardback omnibus editions which I bought at the time. I think the publication of these was the reason for the tour.
      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by AndroMan
        Who is, michael reading?
        I used to wonder if the Who really did 'Live at Leeds'.
        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

I think I've read something about this....

Ah, here we are:

Moorcock wants the reader to believe that Pyat is a real person involved in actual historical events, so when Moorcock appeared in an interview in London in 1993 he arranged for an actor playing Pyat to interrupt him from the floor and to take over his "own" story.

From The Age of Chaos by Jeff Gardiner

Comment

I believe you'll also find some useful information, here:

[broken link]

Share and enjoy!
            Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 11:05 AM.
            "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Because of the difficult nature of the Pyat material, I needed an actor (Freddie Earlle, a friend of mine) to pretend to be Pyat so that I could be seen to be disapproving of him while he read. That was the point of touring with Freddie, who did an excellent Pyat. Freddie's been seen a lot on UK TV, frequently, as he says himself, killed in the first act. He hosted a kid's TV show in the 70s and many remember him for that, and he's done good stage work. One of those excellent actors who never quite got the break he deserved. He's now eighty and retired to Costa del Sol. Still as lively as ever. I'd hoped he could reprise the part for next January's signing tour, but I don't think he wants to come away from his sunbed...

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
              The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
              Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
              The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
              Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Working...
              X