Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

New Worlds: is this accurate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Worlds: is this accurate?

http://www.philsp.com/mags/newworlds.html
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Berry - I haven't checked it in detail, but it looks pretty spot on to me!
    Mike H.
    www.holli.co.uk

Comment

Yes, that's basically it. I have quite a few of the old Novae Terrae and New Worlds fanzines, too, somewhere. Can't remember what I did with them, but that's not unusual, is it ?

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Hi,

I can't vouch for the accuracy of Phil Stephensen-Payne's listing but, like Mike says, it looks pretty much spot on to me, and I've rarely known Phil to be wrong before.

For whoever's scanning in images, I have photocopies (at least) of all 29 issues of 'Novae Terrae' & the 4 'N.W. fanzines', and original copies of all subsquent professional issues, including the American ones, the Quarterlies, the 'Best Ofs', and such.

Likewise 'Science Fantasy'/'Impulse' & 'Science Fiction Adventures', Nova's two sister publications to 'N.W.'.

I'm not in a position to do anything about getting them on-line, but I know that Guy Lawley's near me, at least, and he's welcome to borrow them a few at a time.

Best,

John.

Comment

Many Thanks John!
          The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Thanks for offering me the opportunity to do some more scanning, John ( I do enjoy it - up to a point!) but I fear I must decline, at least for now.

Having helped to get the Moorcock issues pretty much complete in the Gallery, I feel the pre-Moorcock issues are not very urgent, perhaps not required at all at this site.

One day it will be nice to get the Science Fantasy issues with Mike's stories in them complete, but... some other time perhaps!

Comment

Working...
            X