Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

New Avatar for Mike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Avatar for Mike

Hi all,

Mike would like to change his current avatar in for a photo of himself. Since our gallery is full of his pictures now, it's difficult to choose. He hasn't mentioned a preference, so I thought everyone here could make a recommendation.

Here is the photo album: [broken link]

We'll take the 5 most popular picks and run a survey. So, for the next 7 days we entertain nominations, and the following 7 days we'll vote. The wining photo will be subject to Mike's veto. I'll turn that image into his avatar and upload it.

This is a great time to find images of Mike on the web so that they can be added to the gallery and possibly elected as the new avatar.

I should add that you can paste a link to your nomination in your post. When you find the picture you like, you can click on the picture, and after the picture has been loaded, copy the link out of the address field of your browser and paste it into your nomination like so:

[broken link]

To do the above, surround the link with [img][/img]
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 11:08 AM.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Well, I see that there's a picture similar to the one at the top of this page, but a slightly different pose. I would vote for that one, to keep things consistent. Maybe that's a little dull of me, but... er... end of sentence.

[Edit: Sorry!]

[Edit: Dee, I surrounded the link with the [img][/img] for you. I forgot to say first time out. Sorry.]

[broken link]
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 04:46 AM.
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
      Well, I see that there's a picture similar to the one at the top of this page, but a slightly different pose. I would vote for that one, to keep things consistent. Maybe that's a little dull of me, but... er... end of sentence.
      I have thought about DeerCrowSeerآ´s opinion and I vote for the picture that is at the top of this page.

[broken link]

It is a cool photo. (Obviously I am suggesting a avatar without the expressions "Moorcockآ´s" and "Weekly Miscellany"). Mike is thinking and looking at infinite. His face shows peace, deep wisdow and a multiversal intelligence... Atributes really adequate for a mind from which emerged a multiverse. He looks like a wiseman of the ancient days, a shaman, a biblical prophet... I vote for this!
      Rita.[/img]

Comment

I don't think that all pictures can be easily transformed into avatzars, given the reduction in size. An avatar has to be "read" quickly. It wouldn't work with many.
        My personal preference would be Nآ° 22/44 [broken link]

and also Nآ° 13/44 [broken link]

Nآ° 34/44 and 43/44 would also qualify, I'm sure.
        Google ergo sum

Comment

I've always liked the cartoon avatar that Mike has had up to now, but if he'd rather have a photo I'd suggest one of the bottom three on the first page of portraits. It's similar to the original avatar and is a really nice portrait, I think.
          'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
            I don't think that all pictures can be easily transformed into avatzars, given the reduction in size.
            Actually quite easy with gimp. Mine started as a 320x200 screen cap of the giant space doobie firing on the USS Enterprise.

Comment

The Gimp is the free graphics program of rewliness.
              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

[broken link]

Comment

Originally posted by mordenkainen
                  [img][broken link]
                  Mike definitely looks a bit 'louche' in that one. I like it! :D
                  Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 04:47 AM.

Comment

boy, i like the one of him and his kittie on the AggieCon site...

Comment

[broken link]

good one, yup :D

Comment

I agree with mordenkainen. This is the one!

[broken link]

Comment

I like this one:

[broken link]

I like the hat, and it's not dissimiliar to the Simonson art avatar Mike ws previously using. It looks like he's enjoying Las Cascadas.

Just my 2 cents.

Jeff
                          Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 11:09 AM.

Comment

[quote=Typhoid_Mary]I agree with mordenkainen. This is the one!

[broken link]

I think he ought to be facing his post in the forum though..
                            Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Theocrat
                              I think he ought to be facing his post in the forum though..
                              I thought that too. That would draw the viewer towards Mike's post.

I like Lord Doom's choice, too. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X